One person was taken to Wyoming Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation following a fire inside the garage of a Casper home Sunday night.

Casper Fire-EMS says firefighters extinguished a small fire in the garage near 14th and David. One of the home's occupants suffered smoke inhalation after trying to go back inside the home.

One dog was rescued from the home. No other injuries were reported.

Smoke was being ventilated from the residence as of roughly 10:30 p.m. Sunday.

The cause of the fire was not immediately apparent.

More From K2 Radio