A man who allegedly attacked a man and woman in their early seventies and had to be subdued by law enforcement after a nine-hour standoff in February could face decades in prison if convicted of the felony charges brought against him Friday morning in Natrona County District Court.

William Mason Quillin, 43, is charged with two counts of aggravated assault and battery as well as one count of aggravated burglary. He could be sentenced to five to 45 years in prison and $70,000 in fines if convicted on all counts.

Public defender Kurt Infanger entered pleas of not guilty and not guilty by reason of mental illness or deficiency on Quillin's behalf before Natrona County District Court Judge Catherine Wilking.

Also charged in the case is 45-year-old Sharon Marie Hinkle. She was arraigned in April on charges of conspiracy to commit burglary and conspiracy to commit aggravated assault.

Hinkle could face five to 35 years in prison and a $50,000 fine of convicted on both counts. She also pleaded not guilty and not guilty by reason of mental illness or deficiency.

Both Hinkle and Quillin will undergo mental evaluations before their cases move forward.

Court documents say Hinkle and Quillin were dating on the night of Feb. 8 when they kicked in their neighbors' door in the 4800 block of Bel Vista Drive in Bar Nunn and demanded the neighbors produce a safe.

The neighbors, a 71-year-old man and a 70-year-old woman, said they didn't have a safe. Quillin allegedly attacked them.

According to affidavits, the man was able to get away and went to a neighbor's house for help. Quillin reportedly followed him.

Somewhere near the neighbor's house, Quillin allegedly picked up a snow shovel and bear the man with it. The victim reportedly suffered severe injuries.

The neighbor reportedly saw what was going on and had someone call 911. Quillin left the area.

Both victims were taken to Wyoming Medical Center.

Natrona County Sheriff's deputies found Quillin and Hinkle at Hinkle's home in the 4000 block of Bel Vista Drive late that night. They tried to contact the couple, but got no response.

The Special Response Team was called out and a standoff ensued. Officers spent over nine hours using a loudspeaker to ask Quillin and Hinkle to surrender themselves.

Tear gas and non-lethal rounds were used to subdue the pair. Officers entered the home and arrested both Quillin and Hinkle shortly after 9 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 9.

Quillin remains in custody, with his bond set at $1.5 million.

Hinkle is currently free on $100,000 surety bond.

More From K2 Radio