A Bar Nunn woman who allegedly helped a man kick down a door before he severely beat a victim with a snow shovel entered not guilty pleas during her arraignment Tuesday morning in Natrona County District Court.

Sharon Marie Hinkle, 45, is charged with one count of conspiracy to commit burglary and one count of conspiracy to commit aggravated assault. She could face five to 35 years in prison and a $50,000 fine if convicted of both charges.

Hinkle pleaded not guilty and not guilty by reason of mental illness or deficiency. Court proceedings in her case are suspended pending a mental evaluation, which has yet to be set up.

Court documents say Hinkle was with 43-year-old William Mason Quillin -- whom she was dating at the time -- on the night of Feb. 8 when the pair kicked in their neighbors' door and demanded they be given a safe.

The neighbors, a 71-year-old man and a 70-year-old woman, said they didn't have a safe. Quillin allegedly attacked them.

According to affidavits, the man was able to get away and went to a neighbor's house for help. Quillin reportedly followed him.

Somewhere near the neighbor's house, Quillin allegedly picked up a snow shovel and bear the man with it. The victim reportedly suffered severe injuries.

The neighbor reportedly saw what was going on and had someone call 911. Quillin left the area.

Both victims were taken to Wyoming Medical Center.

Natrona County Sheriff's deputies found Quillin and Hinkle at Hinkle's home in the 4000 block of Bel Vista Drive late Wednesday. They tried to contact the couple, but got no response.

The Special Response Team was called out and a standoff ensued. Officers spent over nine hours using a loudspeaker to ask Quillin and Hinkle to surrender themselves.

Tear gas and non-lethal rounds were used to subdue the pair. Officers entered the home and arrested both Quillin and Hinkle shortly after 9 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 9.

Quillin, who will also undergo a mental evaluation, is charged with one count of aggravated robbery and two counts of aggravated assault. He is being held on a bond of $1.5 million and could face five to 45 years in prison if convicted.

Hinkle is currently free on $100,000 surety bond.

More From K2 Radio