The man who broke into a Bar Nunn house on Wednesday and resisted arrest for nine hours and the woman who assisted him could face decades in prison, according to the charges read to them during their initial appearances in Natrona County Circuit Court on Friday.

William Mason Quillin, 43, is charged with two counts of aggravated assault, each count punishable by up to 10 years of imprisonment, and one count of aggravated robbery, punishable by between five and 25 years of imprisonment.

His bond was set at $1.5 million.

Quillin, who recently came to Wyoming, is out on bond for a felony firearms charge from another state.

Sharon Marie Hinkle, 45, is charged with one count of conspiracy to commit aggravated assault, punishable by up to 10 years of imprisonment, and one count of conspiracy to commit aggravated robbery, punishable by between five and 25 years of imprisonment.

Her bond was set at $100,000.

Natrona County Sheriff's Sgt. Aaron Shatto said Quillin and Hinkle were taken into custody as the standoff ended shortly after 9 a.m. Thursday.

The incident started at 10:24 p.m. Wednesday when Quillin and Hinkle, who were dating, kicked in their neighbors' door and demanded that the neighbors turn over a safe, Shatto said.

The neighbors -- a 71-year-old man and a 70-year-old woman -- said they didn't have any safe.

That's when Quillin allegedly attacked them.

The man was reportedly able to get away and went over to a neighbor's house for help.

In the vicinity of the neighbor's house, Quillin allegedly picked up a snow shovel and beat the victim with it.

The neighbor opened his door and saw what was going on. His significant other called 911.

Shortly thereafter, for reasons which have not been released, Quillin left.

The victims were taken to Wyoming Medical Center. During the initial appearances Friday, the victims' injuries were described as severe.

Deputies found Quillin and Hinkle at Hinkle's house in the 4000 block of Bel Vista Drive. They tried to make contact with the couple, but got no response.

A standoff ensued and the Special Response Team was called out. They used a loudspeaker to ask Quillin and Hinkle to give themselves up.

Officers arrested Quillin and Hinkle shortly after 9 a.m. Thursday.

During the initial appearances, prosecutors said drugs were found in Hinkle's house.

Shatto told reporters Friday morning that during the standoff, the suspects never indicated that they had any weapon. They also made no effort to respond to officers' repeated attempts to contact them.

Quillin was reportedly seen by medical staff and was cleared following the standoff.

Shatto says the Natrona County Sheriff's Office had to use every deputy and investigator -- over 20 law enforcement officers -- as a result of the standoff.

The Wyoming Highway Patrol assisted in the incident.

More From K2 Radio