Bin Williams, the jail inmate who died after an apparent stroke two weeks ago, fought with sheriff's deputies before being taken to the hospital, according to an affidavit filed in Natrona County Circuit Court on Thursday.

Williams, 46, was sentenced on May 13 to between 1.5 and 3.5 years in prison for his conviction on a felony property destruction charge.

He was pronounced dead six days later.

Last week, Natrona County Coroner Connie Jacobson said the preliminary autopsy results were inconclusive and the toxicology report will take up to two months to complete.

“Although the investigation is ongoing, we know that Mr. Williams did experience seizure-like activity while he was in the jail and that evolved into a cardiopulmonary arrest which resulted in his admission into Wyoming Medical Center and unfortunately in his death on May 19,” Jacobson said.
The investigation needs information about the hospital's medical records related to examinations and treatment of Williams including diagnostic information from X-rays and other procedures.
On May 20, a judge signed a Natrona County Sheriff's Office deputy's search warrant request, accompanied by the affidavit. After the search, the documents were filed with the court on Thursday. The return of inventory document does not provide hospital records themselves.
Meanwhile, the affidavit provides a chronology about what happened to Williams on the morning of  May 15 and the days that followed:
  • At 7:12 a.m., May 15, Williams' cell mate activated a call button in their cell in G-Pod to report he possibly was having a seizure.
Deputies found Williams lying rigid on a bunk, and foaming at the mouth with his eyes rolled back in his head. Jails nurses also responded. Williams soon regained consciousness but seemed confused about where he was, according to the affidavit.
  • Between 7:18 and 7:26 p.m., he was asked to go to the jail's nursing facility to be examined and monitored.
"Williams agreed, but declined to ride in the wheelchair that was provided by staff. Williams instead decided to walk," according to the affidavit.
After Williams and deputies accompanying left G-Pod, he stumbled into chairs against a wall. When one deputy reached to help him, Williams fought back.
Deputies grabbed his arms, and took him down to the floor to handcuff him, according to the affidavit.
"Williams continued to actively fight with deputies and an assistance call for further help was made, via the radio system. More deputies responded and were able to gain control of Williams.
"During the process of gaining control, Williams ceased fighting and began to relax. Deputies immediately recognized that Williams was having a medical situation and began to render aid," according to the affidavit.
  • At 7:32 p.m., jail officials called 911 for an ambulance to pick up Williams. Emergency medical technicians stabilized him.
  • At 7:38, he was taken to the Wyoming Medical Center's emergency room, according to the affidavit. "At the time Williams left the Natrona County Detention Center, he had a pulse and was resuscitated."
  • On May 17, doctors declared Williams brain dead. The affidavit did not give any information about what happened in the two days after he was taken to the hospital.
  • Two days later, the decisions were made to remove him from life support. "At approximately 10:05 a.m. on May 19, 2015, Bin C. Williams (DOB: (redacted)/68) was removed from life support and subsequently passed away."

More From K2 Radio