Casper police arrested a man Tuesday after he allegedly assaulted his ex-girlfriend, the latest incident in what she described as a pattern of physical abuse.

Mauro Perez, 26, was booked into jail on recommended charges of aggravated assault, domestic battery and felony possession of marijuana as a third or subsequent offense. He will likely make his initial appearance in Natrona County Circuit Court at 2 p.m. Wednesday.

According to charging papers, a police officer responded to an address shortly after 1:30 p.m. Tuesday following a 911 hangup call in which the caller told the dispatcher, "I shouldn't have called."

The officer noted that the same phone number was used within the previous few days by a woman who reported that her ex-boyfriend was trying to break into her home.

Upon the officer's arrival, the alleged victim said that she had just been assaulted by her ex-boyfriend, Perez, and she was afraid to speak up because he would seek revenge.

She told the officer that she began dating Perez in February and things started out great, but Perez quickly became abusive. Over the months prior, the victim had caught Perez messaging other women, which led to arguments.

The physical abuse began when Perez threw the victim around and threw heavy objects at her, the victim said. It escalated when Perez began choking her, and at one point he reportedly held a 9mm handgun to her head.

The victim kicked Perez out of her home about two months ago, but their relationship didn't completely end. They continued to see each other roughly once every three or four days.

On Monday, the victim said, she went to Perez's shop -- Wild West Customs on East Yellowstone Highway -- and spent the night with him. Perez had been living in the shop since getting kicked out.

They woke up Tuesday morning and things were fine until the victim saw Perez messaging other women. An argument ensued, and Perez allegedly grabbed the victim, throwing her from her seat onto the floor.

The victim left and went out to her car. Perez followed, physically removing the victim from her car by grabbing her arm and throwing her to the ground.

The victim had been wearing Perez's shirt at the time; Perez allegedly ripped it off of her body, leaving her topless outside the vehicle. She went back into her car, put on a sweatshirt and called 911. However, she told the dispatcher she shouldn't have called as Perez walked to her car, put a shirt on her windshield and walked away.

Then, the victim drove home.

Police say the victim showed the officer photos and messages documenting the repeated abuse, as well as damage around her home that was allegedly caused by Perez.

The officer noted scratches and red marks on the victim consistent with having been physically assaulted.

The victim provided police a detailed description of Perez's shop, as well as a description of the handgun which she said Perez had held to her head on July 19. Officers found the gun, which matched the victim's description, exactly where she said it would be.

THC wax was also found inside Perez's shop when officers executed a search warrant. Several electronic devices from the shop were taken as evidence, as the victim had mentioned that the assault inside the building was likely captured by a video camera.

Perez was arrested and gave a brief statement to detectives before requesting a lawyer.

More From K2 Radio