A Great Wyoming Ski Resort Is One Of The Best In The Country
In some parts of Wyoming, the tops of the mountains are already covered in snow. In other parts of the state, they're waiting to see when the first big snow of the year is going to hit.
When the snow starts flying, that means the skiing season is just around the corner. Our neighbors to the south in Colorado, already have some ski resorts that have enough snow to be open. Here in Wyoming, the first resorts are set to open over the next few weeks.
Wyoming ski season opens first in the northwest, around Jackson, first. Then starts moving south and east.
When you're looking into which Wyoming ski resort you're going to visit next, you will want to consider the Snowy Range Ski & Recreation area near Centennial, Wyoming.
Why should you consider Snowy Range Ski Area?
The resort has been named as one of Forbes Top 10 Best Ski Resorts For The Money. Meaning, if you're on a budget, this is one of the best places for you to go, enjoy the skiing atmosphere, and not break the bank.
According to Forbes, the resort landed at #9 on the Top 10 list, having the lowest cost for two-day lift tickets and ski rentals of any of the 51 ski resorts that were considered in this survey. The lodging and other accommodations were relatively cheap too. The reason this Wyoming resort sits so low on the Top 10, is because of the airfare. Traveling to this part of the state is tough, if you're not driving. You'd have to fly into one of Wyoming's airports like Laramie, Cheyenne, or Casper, then rent a car, which in total can be expensive. The other option would be to fly into Denver and rent a car, which ends up being quite a drive.
Here's how Forbes ranked the Top 10 Ski Resorts For The Money
- Brian Head Resort, Utah - Between Vegas and Salt Lake City.
- Eagle Point Resort, Utah - Beaver, UT
- Beaver Mountain Ski Resort - Closer to Salt Lake City, UT
- Silver Mountain Resort, Idaho - Western part of ID near the Washington border
- Arapahoe Basin, Colorado - Near Dillion, CO, just south of the WY/CO state line
- Mt. Baker Ski Area, Washington - North of Seattle, near the US/Canada border
- Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico - The most southern resort on the list.
- Palisades Tahoe, California - Became popular after the 1960 Olympics
- Snowy Range Ski Area, Wyoming - Near Centennial, WY in the southern part of the Cowboy State. Only Wyoming resort in the top 10.
- Whitefish Mountain Resort, Montana - Northwest corner of Montana, near the Canadian border.