City Maintains Trash Collection During Holidays
Santa may bring goodies to where you live, but the City of Casper and you have the job to dispose of the stuff left behind.
The city will maintain its regular trash collection schedule during the Christmas and New Year’s holidays, according to a news release from the city's solid waste division.
While city offices will be closed on Monday and Jan. 2, the solid waste division will collect trash on both days. As usual, residents should place their trash bins on the street by the curb by 7 a.m.
The Regional Solid Waste Facility, also known as the balefill, will be open. But its hours will be shorter before and after the holidays. It will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Monday, Dec. 31, and Jan. 2. The facility is closed on Sundays.
Residents can dispose of their Christmas trees at one of six locations available until Jan. 31. They are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Remove all lights, tinsel, and ornaments from the trees before disposal at these locations:
- Valley Drive and Iris Street near the Paradise Valley Swimming Pool.
- Wyoming Boulevard recycling depot across from the west entrance to the Fairgrounds.
- Agricultural Resource and Learning Center on Fairgrounds Road by the community gardens.
- The ball field near 13th and Sycamore streets.
- Viking Court by the sidewalk overpass at Blackmore Road and Wyoming Boulevard.
- North Casper Athletic Complex on East K Street near the recycling depot.
You also may take your trees to the compost yard at the Solid Waste Facility during facility hours. Trees will be composted.
Residents unable to take their tree to one of these locations may schedule an appointment for curbside pickup. Appointments are limited and need to be made by Friday, Jan. 13, by calling the solid waste office at (307) 235-8246.
Find more information here for holiday hours for trash collection and the balefill.