City Council Interviews Candidates Today For Vacant Post
Because of a previous commitment, candidate John Kirlin was interviewed Tuesday evening before the long public hearing about a revised noise ordinance.
Kirlin told council he grew up in Ward II, has been active in the community, attended the University of Wyoming where he was on the Nordic ski team, and works at the YMCA where he oversees aspects of the budget. Kirlin, a local musician, added he realizes the time commitment involved. He also would run for election in 2016.
Kirlin is among 15 candidates who applied. Two applicants, Robert Eckhart and Cristie Love, were disqualified because they did not live within Ward II, which extends west of Poplar Street.
Here are the remaining dozen who will have 10 minutes each to make their pitch and answer questions from the council members.
- 4:30-4:40 p.m.: Leslie Becker
- 4:40-4:50 p.m.: To be scheduled.
- 4:50-5 p.m.: Gregory Flesvig.
- 5-5:10 p.m.: Fredrick Feth.
- 5:10-5:20 p.m.: Todd Murphy.
- 5:20-5:30 p.m. David Forbes.
- 5:30-5:40 p.m.: Paul Paad.
- 5:40-5:50 p.m.: Scott Miller.
- 5:50-6 p.m.: John Trohkimoinen.
Council will take a break from 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., and resume then.
- 6:30-6:40 p.m.: Dale Zimmerle.
- 6:40-6:50 p.m.: Chris Morgan.
- 6:50-7 p.m.: To be scheduled.
At 7:15 p.m., council members will then adjourn into an executive session for deliberations.
After the executive session, they will return to the regular special session in council chambers to vote to select the new council member.
K2 Radio will update this post as the candidates speak.