A Casper man accused of attacking a woman, choking her and trying to drown her in a bathroom pleaded not guilty to three felony charges Thursday in Natrona County District Court.

Tyler John Bunney, 23, is charged with aggravated kidnapping, aggravated assault and battery and strangulation of a household member. He could face 20 years to life plus 15 years in prison if convicted on all counts.

Bunney was arrested in March.

According to court documents, the victim told investigators she and Bunney were together in a Casper home when she became upset about Bunney texting another girl.

She and Bunney argued before the victim went upstairs to charge her phone. Bunney reportedly followed her and took the charger cord away.

The pair continued to argue. The victim took the charger cord back from Bunney and swung it at him, hitting him in the area of his right eye.

Bunney then allegedly grabbed the charger cord back from her and started hitting her with it across her back and legs. The victim tried to use her phone to call for help, but Bunney reportedly took the phone from her and broke it.

The victim tried to leave, she told police, but Bunney reportedly stood between her and the door and began punching her in the face.

As he punched her, Bunney allegedly grabbed the victim and told her it was “time to die” before taking her into the bathroom and choking her.

He reportedly choked the victim multiple times, with the victim ultimately losing consciousness on the bathroom floor.

The victim told police she thought she was going to die on several occasions as Bunney allegedly choked her.

She told police Bunney tried to drown her in the toilet and had filled the tub up, trying to drown her in the tub as well.

Then, Bunney allegedly stopped and told the victim he was going to tie her up in the basement until she “healed” so that nobody would know.

At one point, the victim let her dogs in and she was able to get away.

During an interview at Wyoming Medical Center, the victim told police she had fought back. She said she was “a fighter.”

Court documents say the victim’s injuries included swollen, black and blue eyes; a three-inch cut under her left eye; bruising on her face and neck as well as several red marks on her face reportedly consistent with strangulation; swollen and cut lips; a missing tooth; and red marks on her right arm and back.

Police found Bunney at his parents’ house. He was taken to the Casper Police Department for an interview.

Bunney reportedly told police a woman stabbed him in his eye with a pen or pencil. He claimed the victim gave herself a bloody nose by banging her head on the back door as the two argued.

A detective then asked Bunney how the victim suffered the extensive injuries treated at Wyoming Medical Center. Bunney asked if he was under arrest, and ultimately said he wanted a lawyer.

The detective notes in an affidavit that Bunney had a lump under his right eye, a bite mark and several scratches. He also had pieces of skin missing from the fingertips of his right hand, according to charging papers.

Those injuries could have been the result of the victim fighting back, the detective notes.

More From K2 Radio