Air Force Academy Band To Perform Free Concert In Casper
The United States Air Force Academy Band - Academy Winds from Colorado Springs will perform a free concert at Casper College on Monday, February 12th. The evening will feature an eclectic mix of woodwind and percussion music by this energetic 6-piece ensemble, according to a news release from the US Air Force Academy.
The United States Air Force Academy Band is under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Daniel L. Price, and "proudly represents the Air Force Academy and its mission to educate, train, and inspire men and women to become officers of character, motivated to lead the United States Air Force in service to our nation."
Academy Winds is one of nine performing ensembles within the Academy Band, and includes of six professional active-duty airman musicians.
Here's more from the Air Force Academy:
"This versatile ensemble presents a unique variety of musical styles from traditional folk to patriotic favorites. Academy Winds supports the Academy Band’s mission to advance the United States Air Force Academy and the Global Air Force Missions by providing professional music products and services for official military, recruiting, and community relations events worldwide.
For over 60 years, the Academy Band has used the power of music to honor our nation’s heroes, inspire Air Force personnel and the nation they serve, produce innovative musical programs and products, and communicate Air Force excellence to millions around the world."
The United States Air Force Academy Band - Academy Winds Casper Concert
- Casper College’s Wheeler Concert Hall Monday, February 12th at 7:00 p.m.
- The concert is free and open to the public.
- Tickets can be picked up at Hill Music Company and the Fine Arts and Humanities office located in the Casper College music building.
- For more information and to reserve your free tickets, call 307-268-2606 or visit CasperCollege.edu/music.
- Academy Winds will also be performing at Wheatland High School Tuesday, February 13th, at 5:00 p.m.