A Casper man is facing six drug charges after police searched his home in connection with the arrest of a teenager who later died at Wyoming Medical Center.

Jon Alan Porter, 43, is charged with possession of psilocybin mushrooms, over four pounds of marijuana, oxycodone, dextroamphetamine, lorazepam; and is accused of growing marijuana in his basement.

According to court documents, Logan Martz -- who died Nov. 26 -- told police that he and four other teenagers took acid while staying at Porter's house. One of the other teenagers allegedly told police they all took some type of hallucinogenic drug.

The Natrona County Coroner's Office said Wednesday that the cause of death for Martz will not be confirmed until toxicology and autopsy results have been returned in several weeks.

On Nov. 22, officers were called to Porter's home in the 500 block of South Lincoln for a report of a disturbance. The person who reported the disturbance told officers that a young man tried to touch her and give her a hug, but he later ran off toward East Second Street, according to the affidavit.

Another person who made a report to police said the young man, later identified as Martz, was acting "disturbed."

Officers found Martz near the intersection of Second and McKinley. He allegedly approached two officers and said he had taken acid. An officer immediately took Martz to Wyoming Medical Center for medical treatment, according to court documents.

The affidavit says Martz was disoriented and nearly incoherent at Wyoming Medical Center, though he did repeatedly say he took acid. Eventually, Martz told officers he was staying at Porter's house on South Lincoln along with four friends who had all taken acid with him. Martz allegedly said the group took "hits of acid," though he didn't say how many.

After that conversation, officers headed to Porter's house on South Lincoln to find the other people involved. They found four teenagers -- three of them juveniles -- along with the homeowner, Porter.

Court documents say one of the teens told officers that he believed everyone besides Porter was under the influence of PCP at the time.

Porter allegedly told officers that one of the teens was under the influence of a controlled substance "due to his actions," but Porter wanted to handle the situation himself and asked officers not to speak with the teen.

Officers ended up handcuffing the teen after an officer reportedly saw him push another teen and try to take off.

One of the teenagers allegedly told officers he took two "dabs" of PCP and that the teen who was handcuffed had taken four "dabs."

Court documents say officers did a security sweep of the house to make sure no one else was inside. They allegedly saw drug paraphernalia evidently related to marijuana in plain view while sweeping the basement.

The four teens were taken to Wyoming Medical Center; two were taken in an ambulance while the other two were taken separately by police officers.

According to the affidavit, officers searched the house and found "a plethora" of pipes, bongs, marijuana containers and other paraphernalia throughout the home as well as a number of controlled substances.

Police allegedly found 9.8 ounces of psilocybin mushrooms in two large plastic bags, a little more than 10 ounces of marijuana, over 36 ounces of marijuana edibles and a number of prescription pills.

Police say they found two pills of dextroamphetamine, three oxycodone and six lorazepam.

Court documents say police found a hidden door in Porter's basement which led to what was evidently a marijuana-growing operation. Officers found eight live plants and a number of dead plants, according to the affidavit.

Court documents do not show that any LSD or PCP was found when police searched Porter's house.

Porter was arrested and booked into the Natrona County Detention Center, as was Martz once he was cleared from Wyoming Medical Center.

Porter was eventually released on $7,500 bond.

Martz remained in the detention center until late the next day, when he started acting strangely and later began to have a seizure. He was immediately taken to Wyoming Medical Center, court documents say, at around 2 a.m. Nov. 24.

Martz was evaluated upon arrival and transferred to the intensive care unit.

By 8 a.m., Martz was in critical condition. Court documents say his condition deteriorated rapidly.

A preliminary brain test showed no activity in Martz's brain, according to the affidavit, and he was placed on life support.

Martz was taken off life support on Nov. 26. He died at about 2 p.m.

The Natrona County Sheriff's Office and the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation are working together to investigate further.

More From K2 Radio