A Casper teenager died Saturday at Wyoming Medical Center four days after he was arrested for being high on LSD in public.

The Natrona County Coroner's Office will not confirm the cause of death for Logan Martz, who was born in 1997, until toxicology and autopsy results are returned. That will likely take several weeks.

Martz was arrested Tuesday, Nov. 22, after a Casper police officer responded to an address on South Lincoln for a report of a disturbance involving a young man trying to grab someone.

According to court documents, Officers found Martz in 2nd St. Discount Liquors with his pants around his ankles. The affidavit says officers noted Martz was under the influence and was "unable to comprehend reality."

Martz, according to the affidavit, repeated certain nonsensical phrases well over 50 times.

The officer took Martz to Wyoming Medical Center to have him treated for being under the influence of an unknown substance.

When they arrived, Martz allegedly told the officer he took acid, and Martz continued saying things that didn't make sense.

Martz reportedly had to be handcuffed to the hospital bed, according to the affidavit, because he wasn't listening to officers' commands and couldn't sit still.

The officer noted Martz was "having extreme tremors in his jaw, eyes and shoulders," court documents say. Martz's pupils were extremely dilated, and he reportedly tried to kiss anyone who got close to him.

Eventually, Martz started making sense and the officer was able to ask him some questions.

The affidavit says Martz told the officer he was at the address on South Lincoln with three other people who he believed took acid with him. Martz allegedly said he did not remember the events that led to the police showing up.

According to court documents, Martz told the officer said he didn't "know where everyone gets the acid," but he did name a person he believed supplied the LSD.

During the interview, Martz's mental state quickly deteriorated, according to the affidavit, and he reverted back to saying things that didn't make sense. The officer notes in the affidavit that it is common for people under the influence of LSD to relapse and begin hallucinating again after becoming sober for a period of time.

Court documents say Martz was eventually cleared from Wyoming Medical Center and was then booked into the Natrona County Detention Center.

But on Thanksgiving Day, Martz suffered an undisclosed medical condition while in the detention center and was taken back to Wyoming Medical Center.

Sgt. Aaron Shatto of the Natrona County Sheriff's Office says Martz was released from police custody sometime after he was taken to Wyoming Medical Center. Martz remained in the hospital until he died Saturday.

The Natrona County Sheriff's Office and Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation are working together to investigate. No further details have been released.


More From K2 Radio