Items Left on Heated Stove Spark House Fire in Cheyenne
Officials say items left on a heated stove are to blame for a Wednesday afternoon fire that damaged a rental property in north Cheyenne.
Cheyenne Fire Rescue Division Chief Andrew Dykshorn says crews were called to the scene in the 300 block of Dell Range Boulevard at 4:34 p.m. and arrived to find the single-family home filled with smoke.
Get our free mobile app
"Firefighters were able to locate the smoldering object as it emitted smoke from the kitchen area," Dykshorn said in a press release.
"By 5 p.m., officials say the fire was under control and the scene was cleared by 6:03 p.m.," he added.
Dykshorn says the fire caused $25,000 in damage.
Cheapest Places to Live in Wyoming
Do you like money? Do you like not like spending it? Well then my friend, I have an internet list for you. Or friends at Homesnacks crunched a bunch of numbers to find the cheapest places in Wyoming to live.
The Homesnacks folks looked at US Census data and the cost of living for the area. "We were especially interested in home and rental prices in places with more than 1,000 residents," they say.
If you like small town living in the natural beauty of the wilds of Wyoming, you'll find plenty of ideas on this list.