Now that spring is finally upon us, you can expect your vehicle to notice the effects of the winter season on Casper's streets. Potholes will be begin to rear their ugly heads and cause havoc on our tires once again.

What can you do if you notice a pothole in Casper? First off, identify where it is located.

The following streets/roadways are maintained by the Wyoming Department of Transportation:

  • I-25 and all interchanges.
  • First Street from Mills to E Yellowstone (Hwy 20/26)
  • E Yellowstone Highway east of First Street (Hwy 20/26)
  • Poplar from CY Ave to I-25 (Wyoming Hwy 220)
  • CY Ave from Poplar west (Wyoming Hwy 220)
  • Wyoming Boulevard (Wyoming Hwy 258)
  • F Street

If the pothole is not at one of those locations, report it here.

If your vehicle has sustained damage from a pothole, you can file a claim by using this form or by visiting the Wyoming Department of Administration and Information Risk Management website.

It should be noted that there is no guarantee that a claim will be accepted, but potentially there is a chance of being reimbursed for damage/s suffered on state roads. Remember to include any supplemental invoices. For example:

  • Towing
  • Storage
  • Rental Vehicle
  • Medical

More From K2 Radio