A Casper woman was arrested Friday night after allegedly throwing a knife at her husband, waving a gun at him and resisting arrest.

Amanda Renee Capshaw, 37, was booked on a charge of aggravated assault and battery, which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

Court documents say officers went to a home on Lincoln Avenue at 10:30 p.m. Friday after Capshaw's husband called police and said his wife was "going crazy," "throwing a knife" at him and had a gun. He also said his wife was drinking.

An officer arrived and found Capshaw holding the screen door open and yelling for her dog. The officer asked Capshaw to calm down and go inside so they could talk about the 911 call. Capshaw reportedly ignored the officer and later said she didn't need to do anything.

After repeated requests from the officer for Capshaw to quit yelling, the officer tried to handcuff Capshaw. She allegedly resisted by digging her fingernails into the officer's hand, yelling about how she "knew a lawyer and was going to sue," charging papers say.

The officer handcuffed Capshaw, but she was later able to slip out of her handcuffs. Officers were able to handcuff her again.

While all that was going on, another officer spoke with Capshaw's husband.

The husband reportedly said the fight had been brewing all day. Capshaw believed her husband was cheating on her, which led to a heated argument.

Capshaw texted her husband while he was at his child's baseball game. Capshaw reportedly told her husband she wanted him out of the house. The husband agreed and went home to pack his things.

While he was packing, Capshaw returned to the house at about 10:15 p.m. The argument resumed, and Capshaw allegedly began "trashing the kitchen."

Eventually, Capshaw got a handgun out of the hallway closet and was "waving it around" while facing her husband, who later told police he knew the gun was always loaded.

The husband tried to disarm Capshaw by grabbing for the gun. Capshaw allegedly tried to point it at him, but her husband was able to wrest the gun from her and put it on the dining table.

A short time later, Capshaw allegedly threw a knife at her husband, hitting him on the arm. He had a small cut on his arm, but was not sure whether it was caused by the knife.

The husband called Capshaw's mother to help deal with her. Later, when the husband called police, Capshaw reportedly tried to take the phone away from him, without success.

Police noted the husband had "prominent" scratch marks on his right arm, a small cut on the top of his forearm just above his wrist, red marks on both sides of his face and a red mark on his chest.

Capshaw was arrested. But as she was being taken to jail, she allegedly slipped her handcuffs again. She was reportedly "defiant and disrespectful" when she arrived at the jail.

Her blood-alcohol concentration was .179 when she was booked into the Natrona County Detention Center, according to the affidavit.

More From K2 Radio