The City of Casper has issued its last call for vendors, especially those selling alcoholic beverages, who want permits for the eclipse, according to a news release Thursday.
Anyone interested in applying for any kind of eclipse-related permit should apply as soon as possible so that they can maximize their chances of being able to operate during the eclipse on Monday, Aug. 21.

The city will attempt to process permit applications as quickly as possible, but there is no guarantee that they will be processed in time.

One deadline already has passed. Street closure applications are no longer being accepted for the dates leading up to the eclipse.

Those wanting malt beverage permits, which allow private individuals to sell beer at parties and picnics, will be accepted up until 5:00 p.m. Friday.

Likewise, the deadline for open container permits, which allow people to drink alcohol in outdoor places such as parks and parking lots, will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. Friday.
All other permits, including temporary food vendor permits, alcohol catering permits, and temporary vendor permits -- also known as itinerant merchant permits -- are still being accepted, but these permits can take days to process.
For permit-related questions, please call the city's licensing specialist at (307) 235-7568.

More From K2 Radio