A man who allegedly rode a motorcycle through Casper at "well over 100 miles per hour" in an effort to elude police officers was arrested late Sunday.

Jeffery Karl Spencer, 25, was booked into jail on recommended charges of driving while under suspension, eluding and reckless driving. He will likely make his initial appearance in Natrona County Circuit Court at 2 p.m. Monday.

Charging documents say that shortly after 9 p.m. Sunday, two police officers saw a person standing on the porch at a home on East Sixth Street. That person got onto a red "sport bike" motorcycle and drove west from the home at a high rate of speed.

The officers followed as the motorcycle traveled at a high rate of speed and drove in the opposite lane of traffic, according to the affidavit. The motorcycle's registration was not visible, as it was bent up beneath the motorcycle.

The rider was wearing a silver and black helmet, khaki-colored pants, a black leather jacket and black and white tennis shoes.

At Second and Jackson, the officers tried to stop the motorcycle. The rider reportedly looked back at the patrol car, saw the emergency lights and sped past the stop signs at First and Second Streets on Jackson before turning east onto First Street.

Officers estimated the motorcycle was traveling well over 100 mph in a 30 mph speed zone. Due to public safety concerns, officers elected to not pursue the motorcycle further.

The officers saw the motorcycle turn north onto Beverly Street, and they believed the rider was Spencer, "who has eluded from multiple officers in the past on similar motorcycles," court documents say.

Police knew Spencer to live at an address on East Sixth Street, and knew he had a garage on North Elma Street. Officers drove to that area to look for Spencer.

Multiple neighbors reportedly told police that they had heard and seen Spencer driving the red motorcycle up and down the street at a high rate of speed, and at all hours of the night. One neighbor, who wished to remain anonymous in the affidavit, reportedly said he heard the motorcycle pass by just before police showed up; he said he recognized the sound of the bike due to its "loud muffler."

At about that time, police saw a white Ford F-150 pull out of a driveway on North Elma, drive west on H Street and turn south onto Park Street. Officers watched as the Ford parked down the street, then saw Spencer standing on the porch of a home on North Park Street.

Spencer was reportedly wearing the same clothing as the suspect in the earlier pursuit. Officers arrested Spencer.

After being taken into custody, Spencer allegedly admitted to running from police because he had a suspended license. He told officers the motorcycle was parked at his shop on North Elma.

Police told Spencer they had received a tip about a wanted person hiding in the garage with Spencer, and Spencer reportedly gave officers permission to look through his garage for that person.

The wanted person was not found in Spencer's garage. Spencer was taken to jail without incident.

More From K2 Radio