The Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation recently placed a tracking device on a vehicle belonging to the man who was arrested after a four-hour armed standoff early Sunday, according to an agent's affidavit filed with the Natrona County Circuit Court.

The affidavit, filed Monday, does not mention the standoff nor does it indicate if Christopher Eads used sport utility vehicle the night of the standoff.

But it gives some insight to the DCI's investigation of Eads.

In April, the DCI agent discovered a drug-trafficking organization in Natrona County, and identified Eads as its main supplier of methamphetamine and heroin, according to the affidavit.

Several reliable confidential sources said Eads traveled to Colorado on a weekly basis to re-supply and expand the organization.

One confidential source said they bought a half-gram (1-56th of an ounce) of heroin from Eads in March.

On April 11, another confidential source said Eads and his former girlfriend Santana Keener frequently traveled to Denver to buy China White heroin and bring it to Natrona County for sale.

On April 27, another confidential source said the same thing, and they bought heroin from Eads three times in March.

In May, another confidential source said they were provided methamphetamine from Eads on several occasions, and said Eads was planning to drive his dark-colored Toyota Sequoia to Denver. The confidential source also identified an address in the 900 block of South Melrose Street as Eads' address.

On May 25, the DCI surveilled the residence and saw the vehicle and several people arriving and leaving the place after a short period of time. The DCI agent recognized one individual as a long-time heroin user and distributor, according to the affidavit.

The agent then requested a warrant from a Natrona County judge to install a tracking device on the 2006 dark green Toyota Sequoia for 45 days, with the possibility of an extension.

The DCI would use the device to monitor the SUV's movements inside private garages, other nonpublic locations, and areas outside Natrona County and Wyoming, according to the application for the warrant.

The investigation continues. As of Wednesday morning, no charges had been filed yet in this case.

Assistant District Attorney Trevor Schenk said Wednesday afternoon that Eads remains hospitalized.

More From K2 Radio