A woman accused of trying to shoot her husband to death in January pleaded guilty in Natrona County District Court on Thursday.

Dana Michelle Miller pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and battery and attempted manslaughter during a hearing before District Court Judge Catherine Wilking.

In the nonbinding plea agreement, Assistant District Attorney Dan Itzen and Miller's attorney Kurt Infanger agreed the sentences, which would be set by Wilking, would run concurrently.

She faces up to 20 years imprisonment on the manslaughter conviction and up to 10 years imprisonment on the aggravated assault charge.

The court, Wilking said, is not obligated to abide by the terms of the plea agreement. She will determine the sentence after reviewing the presentence report and hearing arguments from the attorneys, she said. A sentencing date has not been set.

Miller, who was 37 when arrested, mostly shook her head "yes" or "no," when questioned by Wilking. She cried softly and her voice could barely be heard.

The case began Jan 3, when police officers responded to a call from Miller, who said she she accidentally shot her 26-year old husband at an apartment in the 1900 block of South Missouri Avenue.

He was hospitalized and diagnosed with a severed artery and a collapsed lung. He was placed in a medically induced coma.

When interviewed, Miller said her husband became intoxicated and insulted her. She got a 9mm Glock pistol and pointed it at her husband to try to stop him, but he continued insulting her and Miller pulled the trigger.

Miller’s blood alcohol content was 0.17 percent about four hours after the shooting.

The victim later said the argument started when Miller took his debit card and refused to return it.

During the hearing Thursday, she said she was very intoxicated and didn't know how she got the gun.

But Itzen read from the police affidavit, which said she sat on the bed, heard noises in the kitchen, got the gun, didn't know if there was a bullet in the chamber, and walked into the kitchen and shot her husband.

Miller remains in custody awaiting sentencing.