Casper City Council To Sign Contract For Major Water System Upgrade
The Casper City Council will vote to approve a contract to design, permit and construct a major water system project for the east side of the city, according to its agenda for the meeting at City Hall at 6 p.m. Tuesday.
The city will hire Civil Engineering Professionals Inc. (CEPI) for $678,400 to expand the existing system and provide redundant service for the area.
The total project, estimated at $5.5 million, will include a pumping station and new water storage tank at Wyoming Boulevard and Country Club Road, and a 23,700-foot, 16-inch transmission line -- 10,800 feet to connect the proposed pump station and 12,900 feet to the West Casper Zone3 III pressure main east of Casper Mountain Road.
CEPI estimates its $678,400 fee includes $313,770 for sub-consultants, and $354,630 for services during construction.
To pay for the $5.5 million project, the Wyoming Water Development Commission has appropriated 67 percent or $3,685,000. The remaining 33 percent, or $1,815,000, will be funded by the city's water reserves.
The agenda also includes approval of a $100,000 grant agreement with the Wyoming Office of Homeland Security for responding to incidents of hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction. The city does not need to provide any matching funds for the grant.
The city's Fire-EMS Department's emergency response team will use the money for equipment, training, bomb technicians and communications.
The council will approve the appointment of Ted Rasmussen and the reappointment of David LaPlante and Dr. James Rupp to the Leisure Services Advisory Board.
It also will approve the appointments of Doug Follick, Ben Schrader and Robert (Bob) Chynoweth to the Amoco Reuse Agreement Joint Powers Board, which oversees the development of the former Amoco refinery and tank farm. The Natrona County Commission is scheduled to approve the same board members at its meeting at the old courthouse at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.