A Pennsylvania fugitive captured in Casper in February and prosecuted in federal court in Wyoming will spend 17 years in prison, according to the sentence imposed Thursday.

Marshall Glenn McGinty was sentenced to 10 years for being a felon in possession of a firearm, which will be served concurrently -- at the same time -- with a carjacking conviction, according to the sentence handed down by U.S. District Court Judge Alan Johnson in Cheyenne.

McGinty, who was 43 when he was arrested in February, also will serve another seven years consecutive -- on top of -- the 10 years for using a carrying a firearm during a crime of violence.

The case crossed local, state and federal jurisdictional lines.

The case began in February when the Pennsylvania State Police reported a man living near Reading, Penn., had been visited by McGinty who said he had been hiking the nearby Appalachian Trail and wanted information, according to court records.

When the man entered his house a week later on Feb. 16, McGinty was there, pointed an AR15 assault rifle with a “‘big curved clip’” at him, ordered him on the floor, bound his wrists, and waited until after dark to drive his Honda to a nearby town. McGinty forced him to use his bank card to withdraw $60 from an ATM. McGinty then drove him to a reservoir, and unbound his hands. McGinty then drove away in the Honda.

The Pennsylvania State Police issued a fugitive warrant, charging McGinty with multiple crimes. McGinty already had a 40-page rap sheet of crimes mostly committed in Florida.

Law enforcement tracked him through cell phone transmissions. On Feb. 25, Casper police located him at the east-side Walmart and arrested him.

McGinty was charged in Natrona County Circuit Court with felony possession of stolen property, namely the vehicle. His bond was set at $250,000, and he was later bound over to Natrona County District Court for trial.

Meanwhile, the Wyoming U.S. Attorney found he had been convicted of a felony in Florida, and charged him with one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm on March. 3.

The Pennsylvania U.S. Attorney also began looking at the case.

In early March, Natrona County District Court granted the District Attorney's request to dismiss the local prosecution.

On June 2, a Pennsylvania federal grand jury indicted McGinty on one count of carjacking and one count of using a firearm in commission of a violent crime.

The Pennsylvania U.S. Attorney transferred its charges to the Wyoming U.S. Attorney on July 15, when McGinty pleaded guilty to the three counts.

Beside the prison time and five years of probation after his release from custody, Johnson ordered McGinty to pay $5,338.87 in restitution, undergo mental health treatment, and not to have contact with the victim in Pennsylvania.