Sign Up Now For Winter Golf In Saratoga, Wyoming
There's a pretty good chance you haven't picked up a golf club since all of the golf courses around Wyoming closed for the winter. You may have that burning sensation to get out and shoot a round with your buddies. I have the perfect suggestion for you and your pals.
If you're like me, there's a good chance you didn't know that golfing on ice was a thing, but it seems we all need to add golf during the winter to the list of things we need to try. Golf, beer, buddies, and a fun Saturday afternoon walking around on the ice seem like a great time to me.
Your chance to play will be February 17th at Saratoga Lake in Saratoga, Wyoming. It's the Carbon County Winter Golf Classic: The Frozen Fore
Here's how it's going to work: You don't have to be a golf pro to play.
- 4 people on each team registration begin at 9 am on February 17.
- You get 4 tennis balls per team tthree threey
- Take 3 clubs
- Tee up your tennis ball on your drive
- Best ball scramble
- All players hit from the location of the best ball on each hit
- No motorized carts are allowed. Bring your pull-behind sleds and saucers to carry your stuff (clubs, beer, chair, snacks...etc)
- There are two 9-hole courses to play, but your score will be counted only on your assigned course.
- Lowest score wins
- Cash prizes for 1st - 3rd place.
The Frozen Fore is sponsored Saratoga Museum and sponsored by Discover Carbon County. It'll be set up just like a regular golf tournament with plenty a of opportunities to show off your winter golfing skills.
You could win prizes with the longest drive competition and 50/50 drawings.
There will be food and lots of fun with your family and friends on Lake Saratoga. it's only $40 per team and you can register now.