Down six with 33.4 left, the Wyoming Cowboys rallied, forced overtime and beat Eastern Washington 93-88 in Laramie Tuesday night.

The Pokes overcame a 13-point deficit, which is their largest rally for a victory since they trailed UNLV by 17 on Jan. 9, 2016. They won that one 59-57.

Wyoming’s (8-3) Alan Herndon scored on a left-handed hook in the lane that gave UW the lead for good in overtime. The Eagles tied it, but another basket from Herndon and two free throws by Justin James made it 84-81. Nyaires Redding made a free throw and followed with a steal and dish to James for a dunk that put the Cowboys up 87-81. Two dunks by Hayden Dalton against the press and a pair of Redding free throws closed it out.

That came on the heels of a furious rally in the final 34 seconds of regulation.

After a Bogdan Bliznyuk free throw made it 75-69, Louis Adams scored to cut it to four. A pair of free throws by Jack Perry made it 77-71, but Adams answered again with 19.4 left. Bliznyuk made one free throw before Dalton drained a three with 13.4 left. A steal by Alan Herndon and dish to Dalton for a dunk with 7.5 left tied it at 78.

Eastern Washington (3-8) missed a shot by Jesse Hunt right before the buzzer. James got the rebound and made a full court heave that hit the backboard just to the right of the basket.

Dalton led Wyoming with 28 points, 24 in the second half and grabbed 8 rebounds. James added his third double-double in the last four games with 20 points and 10 boards. Adams and Herndon chipped in 12 and 11 points, respectively. Jordan Naughton contributed a season-highs of nine points and four rebounds. As a team the Pokes shot 53 percent in the game. They scored 56 points in the paint and got 27 points off the bench.

Wyoming won its 19th consecutive non-conference game at home. They had to overcome 15 3-pointers made by Eastern Washington.

The Eagles were led by Bliznyuk with a game-high 30 points. They shot 48.4 percent from the field and 50 percent from deep. Eastern Washington shot 9-16 on three’s in the first half, but went 6-14 the rest of the game.

The Eagles jumped to a 12-2 lead on four 3-pointers in the opening four minutes. UW fought back within three, at 18-15, midway through the half. Eastern Washington answered with three triples on their next three possessions and pushed their lead to 29-16. That was at the 6:41 mark of the first half. It was 38-32 Eagles at the break.

The Cowboys got within four several times early in the second half, but didn’t take their first lead until Dalton banked in a jumper that made it 59-58 with 7:13 remaining. The lead changed hands five more times until back-to-back 3-pointers by the Eagles gave them a 72-67 lead and forced the UW rally.

Wyoming returns to the court Saturday versus Texas Southern. It’s the third in their current five-game home-stand. Tip-off is at 8 p.m.

More From K2 Radio