Cowboy State Games Kicks Off 2018 In Casper
The Cowboy State Games is kicking off the year with a full slate as nordic skiing, biathlon, downhill skiing, and figure skating will open 2018 for the Games.
Here's the schedule:
- January 13th and 14th, 2018, the Games begin with a Nordic Ski competition at the Casper Mountain Biathlon Club. The race is also a USSA NRL & Citizen Race in both Freestyle and Classic competition and will be a 4.5 Kilometer distance.
- January 27th, 2018, a Giant Slalom competition will be held at Hogadon Basin Ski Area for age groups from 6 to 50+. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. with racing beginning around 10:30 a.m.
- The weekend of February 3rd & 4th, 2018, is a double-header with the Cowboy State Games hosting both Biathlon and Figure Skating as two separate events. Figure Skating is both a CSG and US Figure Skating competitions and will be held at the Casper Ice Arena. The Biathlon competition will be held at the Casper Mountain Biathlon Club on Casper Mountain.
2018 marks the second full year the Games are providing athletes from all around Wyoming a chance to compete for a State Championship, and from there, possibly a National Championship.
“We are very excited about the 2018 line-up in the Cowboy State Games,” said John Giantonio, Director of the Cowboy State Games. “We are hoping that clubs, teams, individuals in all these sports come and compete for the Gold! For a lot of these events it’s an opportunity, especially for clubs, to come and show why your club is the best in Wyoming.”
For more information:
- Events at Cowboy State Games Website www.cowboystategames.com
- Nordic Skiing and Biathlon – www.caspermountainbiathlonclub.org
- Figure Skating – www.casperfsc.org