No injuries were reported and no buildings were damaged thanks to firefighters who extinguished a grass fire in north Casper on Sunday.

The fire spread from someone's barbecue grill at 1126 Burlington Ave. and was reportedly threatening structures before firefighters arrived shortly after 6:15 p.m. In total, the fire burned roughly one-quarter of an acre, covering grass and lawn debris.

The Casper Fire Department is reminding everyone to use caution when grilling or using heat sources outdoors.

"The grill should be placed well away from structures, out from under eaves and overhanging branches," Firefighter Eric Christensen said in a news release. "Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grill and drip tray."

Christensen says grills should never be left unattended. For gas grills, the lid should always be open before lighting.

When using charcoal, the coals should be allowed to cool completely before they are disposed of in a metal container.

Five units from the Casper Fire-EMS Departments responded Sunday along with additional chief officers and an investigator. The Casper Police Department and Wyoming Medical Center ambulance service assisted.

More From K2 Radio