CODY, Wyo. (AP) — Officials with the Cody Fire Department have released the name of a 74-year-old man who died in a house fire.

Fire marshal Sam Wilde says Gary Hagberry died of carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke inhalation.

Investigators say the fire started on the second story of the house and burned unnoticed for many hours because of the home's sturdy log construction. Neighbors reported the fire at noon on Feb. 26.

The man's body was found on the second level. The cause of the fire remains unknown. The house was destroyed.