County Donates Land To WMC; Renews Youth Jail Contract
The Natrona County Commission on Tuesday transferred property it acquired in central Casper to the Wyoming Medical Center.
The hospital, in turn, will donate that land to the Wyoming Medical Center Foundation for its new Masterson Place, according to the commission's agenda.
In 2000, the foundation acquired the current Masterson Place, a home-away-from-home facility in a former motel at 2325 E. on Yellowstone Highway.
But the building is old, and it is about a half-dozen blocks from the hospital's main campus in the 1200 block of East Second Street.
The Wyoming Medical Center Foundation is raising $4 million to build a new Masterson Place on the properties on the southwest corner of East Third and Washington streets, according to its website. "The new location closer to the hospital will be a more convenient and comfortable hospitality house for our patients and families."
The properties are at 1131 E. Third St.; and 304, 310 and 318 S. Washington St. Two of the lots are vacant. The two other properties have houses used by groups associated with the hospital.
The county acquired the properties from the nonprofit Wyoming Medical Center, Inc., in 2007. The hospital is required to transfer any properties it acquires to the county.
In other business, the Natrona County Commission sold a property to the B.B. Brooks Ranch for $3,200; agreed to accept the assignment of a lease to the county from the T Cross T Ranch LLC with the Casper Mountain Biathlon Club and receive a 40-acre gift for the proposed biathlon range and trails.
The commission also agreed to support a grant application for up to $50,000 to the Wyoming Business Council for a new Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Report; amended a contract for the engineering on the Bates Creek Gravel Pit and Roadway; agreed to a compensation package for court-appointed attorney Phillip T. Willoughby; and renewed the agreement with Cornerstone Programs to operate the Natrona County Regional Juvenile Detention Center.