Casper Bus Service Facing Budget Cuts
The cuts in city funding are finding their way into virtually every city service.
Now, public transportation is in the crosshairs as the Casper Area Transportation Coalition has announced it's new bus routes, and a couple of stops, Centennial Middle School and Public Health, have been eliminated.
Here is the announcement and the routes the buses will now serve...
Effective July 5, 2016, due to funding cutbacks The Bus will reduce the service area as well as eliminate some bus stops that are not being used. Some stops will be relocated. Service hours will be Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The Purple and Orange routes will not operate on Saturdays.
• Blue Route will serve Downtown, 2nd Street, the Mall and Walmart & return.
• Yellow Route will serve Paradise Valley on the even hours. 6:30 a.m. 8:30. 10:30, 12:30, 2:30 & 5:30 p.m.
• Yellow Route will serve Sunrise on the odd hours.
7:30 a.m., 9:30, 11:30, 1:30, 3:30 & 5:30 p.m.
• Yellow Route will serve Walmart west every hour.
• Red Route will serve Casper College, YMCA, Kelly Walsh areas. Centennial Middle School and Public Health will be eliminated.
• Green Route schedule will remain as it is currently with the addition of a Transfer Point @ Smiths.
• Purple Route will serve Mills, Walmart west and a transfer point at Smiths.
• Orange Route will serve Evansville with some revisions and in addition it will serve East 2nd Street to Studio City Blackmore Plaza, Community Health, etc.