A Wyoming shooting suspect caught after a standoff with law enforcement officers on southeast Montana's Crow Reservation was being detained Thursday in Big Horn County on a prior warrant for armed robbery and aggravated kidnapping.

Authorities allege Carlos Sanchez, 34, tied up a man and robbed a recycling plant in Hardin in October, shot a man twice in Washakie County, Wyo., this week and fled to Montana, where he was caught Wednesday.

Initial reports indicated Sanchez had been involved in another shootout before his capture, but Undersheriff Michael Fuss said reports that a federal law officer was fired upon in Lodge Grass had not been verified.

A juvenile girl who was traveling with Sanchez is being held by the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Fuss said. The girl, an enrolled member of the Crow Tribe, faces possible aggravated robbery charges from the Oct. 27 robbery.

Her relationship to Sanchez was uncertain.

Sanchez had no weapons on him when he was arrested at an abandoned house following a pursuit and three-hour standoff, Fuss said. He was due to be arraigned Thursday afternoon in Big Horn County.

"We were trying to follow his footsteps since Oct. 27," Fuss said. "I'm not sure what court's going to get jurisdiction, if we will or Wyoming."

Sanchez also was wanted on a parole violation for burglary in his home state of California, Fuss said.

In Wyoming, Captain Rich Fernandez with Washakie Sheriff's Office said "all possible charges" were under consideration for Tuesday's shooting. Sanchez shot and injured a man at a residence then fled with the girl, authorities said. The victim was treated and later released.

Authorities in Wyoming had sent out notice that the pair might be heading to Montana. The blue Ford F-150 they were driving was spotted Wednesday afternoon outside of Lodge Grass by a BIA officer, Fuss said.

The pair fled into Lodge Grass where Sanchez got out of the truck and ran. The girl then attempted to flee in the truck but was caught heading toward Wyoming, Fuss said.

Fuss said Big Horn County deputies en route to the scene were told a BIA officer had been shot at. When they arrived, Fuss said deputies were told by the officer that Sanchez did not fire at him.

Public buildings in Lodge Grass were put on lockdown and authorities later found Sanchez at an abandoned house, where they arrested him several hours later.