Business Manager – Casper
Reports To: Market/General Manager and Corporate Market Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Business Office
Job Summary: Manages a variety of general office activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises G&A and Traffic Department
- Responsible for monthly financial close
- Maintains the general ledger
- Analyzes costs and provides explanations on the variance from actual vs. budget
- Processes and reviews account payables, payroll, cash receipts, credit applications, trade, accounts receivable and billing activity
- Ensures all financial deadlines and due dates are met in a timely manner
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliation of accounts to ensure balancing of accounts
- Prepares sales/tax use spreadsheet and filing sales tax forms with the state each month or quarter as needed
- Maintains personnel files, ensuring all files are updated properly
- Handles new hire on-boarding and termination procedures
- Oversees employee benefit enrollment and misc HR duties
- Payroll processing
- Signs traffic orders on a daily basis
- Prepares budget spreadsheets, entering all budgeted expenses.
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, preparation of payrolls, personnel, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services.
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors.
- Audits invoices, researches discrepancies and approves for payment.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Processes employment applications and assists in other employment activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is preferred that current employees of Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC and affiliated companies have a minimum of six months of service in their present position, and a fully competent performance rating to be eligible to apply for this position.
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance recommended; 3-5 years accounting experience and 2 years supervisory experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook; Internet, Accounting and Database software. Great Plains experience is preferred but not required.
Supervises employees in the Business & Traffic Offices. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To apply, send your resume to Regional Vice President Bob Price.
Sales Account Executive – Casper, Cheyenne, Laramie
Experience/Skills: As part of an on-going recruitment campaign for our radio and digital advertising sales team in each of our three WYoming markets, we are looking for an Account Executive who has the ability and desire to make a lot of calls to businesses, create relationships with current and potential clients and create great on-going advertising campaigns. Candidates must demonstrate dependability, passion, strong communication and problem-solving skills. Business acumen, open mindedness and a sense of what it takes to win are essential. Previous broadcast/digital sales experience a plus.
Job Summary: A Townsquare Media Account Executive is the primary contact to existing and prospective customers. You will develop business relationships; sell radio advertising, our digital portfolio of products, event sponsorships and sales promotion packages by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and sell radio advertising, digital products, events and promotional programs to existing clients on your account list.
- Develop additional accounts by consistently cold-calling and creating relationships with new advertising customers.
- The majority of your time will be spent on the street meeting, inquiring and crafting advertising programs for your clients, both new and existing.
- Prepares advertising schedules, promotional plans, sales literature, proposals and sales contracts.
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and overachieve annual budgets.
- Enters new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients into computer database.
- Follow accountabilities set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success.
- Investigates and resolves client issues.
To apply, send your resume, and salary requirements to Regional Vice President Bob Price. No phone calls, please.
Multi-Media Journalist – Casper
Description: Townsquare Media in Casper, Wyoming, is looking for its next award-winning multi-media journalist, along with a morning show producer that can get the job done. While many companies continue operating with a skeleton news staff, TSM boasts a growing news department.
Journalist Responsibilities: Writing, editing and broadcasting enterprise and beat stories, anchoring long- and short-form newscasts, and always have an eye out for that next “major” story. Must write in a conversational manner, and have a compelling voice. Extensive knowledge and experience needed for our web platforms, as you’ll be a key player in updating and monitoring station websites and social media platforms.
Requirements: We seek a driven, professional reporter with excellent on-air skills, concise writing style, and a successful track record of utilizing the web and social media. This is an opportunity to be a part of the largest radio news department in the state of Wyoming, with a web presence that is second to none.
To apply, send your resume, salary requirements, along with writing samples, a short audio sample, or link to your best to News Director Rich Denison. No phone calls, please.
Media & Digital Sales Executive – Laramie
Are you Commission Driven? Have a sense of what it takes to win? If you want to grow professionally, can move at the speed of light and still have fun – Well then we want to talk to you. Townsquare Media Laramie is looking for a dynamic sales executive to join our media and digital advertising team!
- Promote and sell advertising programs which may include local radio, digital productssuch as display, streaming, loyalty programs, e-commerce, and digital marketing services
- Leverage our live event platform to sell sponsorship and sales programs to new and existing clients
- Create new relationships with local and regional businesses in our area
- Inquiring and crafting advertising programs for your clients, both new and existing
- Work with local and corporate marketing teams to develop campaign support materials
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and overachieve annual budgets
- Enters new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients into computer database
- Follow accountabilities set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success achieving monthly sales quotas consistently
- Provide insight and value to executive management to shape the future of our organization
- Goal oriented and a sense of what it takes to win is essential
- Strong desire to be coached, mentored, and developed while comfortable being an individual contributor
- Comfortable with prospecting and cold calling
- Candidates must demonstrate passion for sales
- Ability to engage clients quickly and develop rapport
- Must be proficient at conducting needs analysis
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Broadcast/digital sales experience a plus
- Associates/Bachelor’s business/marketing-related degree or equivalent experience
Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 312 radio stations and over 325 local companion websites in 66 small to mid-sized markets, making it the third largest owner of radio stations, a national portfolio of music and entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, including Taste of Country, Diffuser.fm, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW, GuySpeed, ScreenCrush and PopCrush, approximately 500 live music and non-music events annually, and Seize the Deal, an E-commerce business.
To apply, send your resume to Leslie Hill. No phone calls, please.
Townsquare Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.