Wyoming Medical Center Closes South Parking Garage
On Sunday, Wyoming Medical Center staff noticed new cracks in the center-section floor of our south parking structure. The structure was previously evaluated by structural engineers who felt the cracks were merely cosmetic. With the appearance of these new cracks, WMC has decided to error on the side of safety and close the parking garage to all vehicles.
WMC expects the garage to be closed until Thursday morning. In that time, WMC will install 20 steel shoring posts along the interior walls of the parking structure. The garage will open after these supports are in place. WMC would like to assure the public that the garage is structurally sound and was evaluated this morning by a structural engineer. There is a remote danger of falling concrete, which is the reason for this precaution.
In the meantime, WMC has established these parking protocols for visitors and patients.
- Parking is available in the lot on the corner of First and Conwell Streets, kitty corner from the hospital.
- Parking is also available in the new parking structure on the west side of the hospital, with access from Jackson Street. Please be aware that there is no public access from the garage to the hospital and you will need to walk around to the ER entrance on Second Street.
- Valet parking is available for patients and visitors who are unable to walk from Conwell or the new parking garage. Use the entrance in front of the Emergency Room entrance off of Second Street for this option.
- We ask that you do not park in the lots reserved for McMurry Medical Arts building patients.
- Pedestrian-only access is available through the south garage for visitors who park along the side streets south of the hospital. Please be aware that elevators will not be available to visitors or patients, but the stairways will be open to the main floor.
- If you require wheelchair access, please use the valet parking service at our ER entrance on Second Street.
The Wyoming Medical Center would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and ask for the public’s patience as they resolve the issue. WMC is closing the structure out of an abundance of caution, and will work quickly to reopen the structure to patients and visitors. Thank you for choosing Wyoming Medical Center.