Authorities say no injuries were reported after a fire damaged a mobile home in the 1600 block of Burlington Avenue on Friday.

Flames were found burning beneath the single-wide trailer when firefighters arrived at the scene at around 2:00 p.m.

Capt. Patrick McJunkin with Casper Fire-EMS says three people live at the residence. Investigators, however, are unclear about how many people were at home when the blaze started.

Investigators believe the fire was triggered by a faulty extension cord that was found wrapped around a gas pipe at the scene. McJunkin says a spark likely arced from bare wire exposed by damaged insulation.

Investigators don’t believe gas started or contributed to the fire, however.

McJunkin says the trailer suffered extensive smoke damage. Mechanical systems were also damaged during the blaze.

Because of the extent of the damage, McJunkin says the occupants have been displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross. The victims are also receiving aid through a fund set up by the city of Casper and Natrona County.