Study: Wyoming Has The Lowest ‘Sin Tax’ In The Union
There are many great reasons to live in the Cowboy State and one of those great reasons are lower taxes. A study was conducted and found that Wyoming has the lowest sin tax.
Thanks to a team at Credio, who did a study on tobacco, taxes, beer and wine in each state, we know that Wyoming has the lowest "sin" tax in the Union. The data they used came from TaxPolicyCenter.org and the Federation of Tax Administrators.
Here is how Wyoming fared, according to the study.
- Tobacco tax per pack of smokes - 60 cents
- Beer tax per gallon - 2 cents
- State sales tax is 4%
- Liquor tax on the gallon - not applicable
- Wine tax on the gallon - not applicable
The highest state was Alaska.
- Tobacco tax per pack of smokes - 2 dollars
- Beer tax per gallon - $1.07
- No state sales tax
- Liquor tax per gallon - $12.80
- Wine tax on the gallon - $2.50
If you're into smoking and drinking, then you've found another great reason why you're blessed to live in the wonderful state of Wyoming.