Small Fire Evacuates Woods Learning Center
A small electrical fire this morning at Woods Learning Center in Casper forced the evacuation of the school.
“There was a short in an electrical box that caused smoke in the building. The custodian saw that, extinguished it, but then there was smoke in the building and the kids and staff were evacuated down the street to Restoration Church.”
Natrona County Student Support Services Director, Dr. Dean Braughton says the evacuation went as planned. No one was hurt. The problem was corrected and students were back in class in about an hour to continue on with the school day.