“Museum Day Live!” This Saturday, Casper and Wyo. Museums Participating
Saturday will mark a day-long event at many museums nationwide.
The Smithsonian Institute will sponsor “Museum Day Live!” on Saturday. The event aims to better showcase both Smithsonian-affiliated museums and museums without Smithsonian affiliation to the public.
One museum in Casper, the Wyoming Veterans’ Memorial Museum, will take part in the day-long national event. Veterans’ museum director John Goss says the event should help make museums throughout the state more visible.
It is all about just providing access to museums – they are cultural institutions and they should be available to everybody,” Goss said. “On the 29th of September, museums will be available to everybody as long as you can get to ’em, I suppose.”
11 museums throughout the state will participate in “Museum Day Live!”
– Bradford Brinton Memorial & Museum – Big Horn
– Buffalo Bill Historical Center (Smithsonian Affiliate) – Cody
– Carbon County Museum – Rawlins
– Chugwater Museum – Chugwater
– Dubois Muesum – Dubois
– Grand Encampment Museum – Encampment
– The National Museum of Wildlife Art – Jackson Hole
– Nici Self Museum – Centennial
– The University of Wyoming Art Museum – Laramie
– Washakie Museum and Cultural Center – Worland
– Wyoming Veterans’ Memorial Museum – Casper
Goss says admission is free at the Wyoming Veterans’ Memorial Museum. Free tickets to museums with entry fees participating in “Museum Day Live!”, including the Smithsonian-affiliated Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, can be found at the Smithsonian Institute’s website.