Library Hosts Legislative Candidate Forum
Candidates for the Wyoming House and Senate will speak and answer questions during a forum at the Public Library, 307 E. Second St., at 6:30 p.m. Monday
"In a campaign, you see signs and you see ads and that sort of thing, but this is one of those opportunities we have to actually see the candidates in person and ask them specific questions if there's something we're concerned about," said Brenda Thompson, the library's community relations coordinator.
"So it's just a great opportunity to get to know who you're voting for and what they stand for," Thompson said.
The League of Women Voters is cosponsoring the event with the library. Former Casper City Councilwoman Carol Crump will serve as moderator, she said.
All candidates have been invited, Thompson said.
According to the Natrona County elections office, the senate candidates are Republican incumbent Bill Landen and Republican challenger Kara Linn for Senate District 27, and Republican incumbent Drew Perkins and Republican challenger Bob Ide for Senate District 29. No Democrats are running in these races.
Senate terms are four years.
The House district contests are:
- HD 35 -- Republican incumbent Kendell Kroeker and Republican challenger Ed Opella.
- HD 36 -- Republican incumbent Gerald Gay and Democratic challengers Pam Brown and Eric Nelson.
- HD 37 -- Republican incumbent Steve Harshman and Republican challenger Gregory Flesvig.
- HD 38 -- Republican incumbent Tom Walters.
- HD 56 -- Republican incumbent Tim Stubson.
- HD 57 -- Republican incumbent Thomas Lockhart and Republican challenger Chuck Gray.
- HD 58 -- Republican incumbent Tom Reeder.
- HD 59 -- Republican incumbent Bunky Loucks and Democratic challenger Laurie Longtine.
House terms are for two years.
People can submit questions to the candidates through Crump at the forum, or they can submit them in advance by emailing email@example.com. Please use “Legislative Forum” in the subject line.
For more information call 577-READ (7323), ext. 2.