Got Pumpkin? Where To Find Your Halloween Favorite In Casper
If you're planning on carving up some creativity for Halloween, you might not want to wait until the last minute to pick up your pumpkin. Whether you're looking for a specialty such as the white Ghost Pumpkin, the warty Cinderellas, or the blue-green Jaridale, or just the standard orange Jack O'Lantern variety, here are a few places around town you can check.
Meals On Wheels is selling Wyoming-grown pumpkins through Halloween. Proceeds will go to Meals On Wheels to help fight senior hunger. Specialty pumpkins will be available in limited quantities.
- Through October 31st, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- $5.00 for a small, $10.00 for a medium and $15.00 for a large.
- Meals On Wheels Building, 1760 East 12th Street.
Proceeds go help fund Youth summer service trips, which include both education and service work related to a variety of groups including hunger and poverty, disaster relief, elder day services, and children in residential care facilities.
- Through October 31st, Monday through Friday 4:00 p.m. ti 7:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Prices vary by pumpkin size
- First Christian Church, 520 CY Avenue, Casper
Not only can you pick out your pumpkin at Green Acres Corn Maze, you can get lost in the maze, and enjoy a variety of activities and fun including the Petting Farm, the corn pit, apple cannons, Pumpkin Cart rides, the air pillow, and more.
- Through October 31st
- 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. Saturday, noon to 6:00 p.m. Sunday, weekdays by appointment.
- 8451 Haines Road west of Casper. You can find directions on their website.
Most area grocery stores are offering pumpkins and other specialty fall harvest gourds for sale. Prices vary by store and special sales.
"Big Box" Stores
Some local "big box" locations (Wal Mart, for example) offer pumpkins for sale, including specialty pumpkins, gourds, and Indian Corn.
A note: Leeward Farms in West Casper has sold out of pumpkins, and is closing for the season. They told us they'll have plenty again next year.