Gameday Changes At The UW Football Games Include New Box Office Location
Game days at Wyoming’s War Memorial Stadium this season will offer numerous upgrades for Cowboy Football fans, and Wyoming Athletics hopes fans will take advantage of these improvements to enjoy Cowboy games to their fullest. The focus of the enhancements made to War Memorial Stadium have been made to enable fans easier and quicker entrance into Wyoming Football games in 2015 and provide a more enjoyable experience during the games.
Among the new features designed to improve easier and quicker entrance into the Stadium are:
- ∙Moving the main Ticket Office for football game days from the Arena-Auditorium Ticket Office to the east side of War Memorial Stadium at the Wildcatter Ticket Office. All ticket purchases, Will Call and customer service issues such as reprinting of lost tickets and student I.D. issues will be handled out of the Wildcatter Ticket Office on football game days;
- ∙The Wildcatter Ticket Office will open at 8 a.m. on game days;
- ∙The number of Wildcatter Ticket Office windows have been increased from 4 to 8 ticket windows to better handle the demand for ticket purchases on game days;
- ∙The number of ticket scanners have been increased at entrance gates on the east side of War Memorial to enable quicker entrance into the stadium. Gates to the stadium will open 2 hours prior to kickoff;
- ∙Bag check lines have also been moved outside of ticket gate entrances to speed up the ticket-scanning process as fans enter the stadium;
- ∙Up until 90 minutes before game time, a designated 15-minute parking area on 22nd Street east of the stadium will be provided for fans to park temporarily before purchasing or picking up Will Call tickets at the Wildcatter Ticket Office;
- ∙There will once again be an Information Cabin on the east side of 22nd Street in the Summit View parking lot. This information booth will be located near the 15-minute parking area on 22nd Street;
- ∙Parents and family members of players may pick up player-pass tickets at Gate 7 beginning 3 hours prior to kickoff. Once tickets are picked up, individuals may enter the game at that time or have their hand stamped to enable them to leave and reenter the stadium at a later time;
- ∙Shuttle buses will begin running 2 hours prior to kickoff and run until 30 minutes following the game. Pregame: Shuttle buses pick up at Cowboy Baseball Field Lot and the Brown Lot north of the stadium and drop off in the circle area outside of Gate 8. Postgame: Shuttle buses pick up in the circle area near Gate 8 and return fans to the Brown Lot and the Cowboy Baseball Field Lot;
- ∙Fans are encouraged to arrive early on game days and enjoy the camaraderie of tailgating at the Pepsi Pregame Zone in the Indoor Practice Facility;
- ∙Fans are also encouraged to enter War Memorial Stadium early to avoid lines at the gates. All gates open 2 hours prior to kickoff.
Among the new features added to War Memorial Stadium that are designed to provide a more enjoyable experience once you enter War Memorial Stadium are:
- ∙Radios have been installed in War Memorial Stadium rest rooms to allow fans to continue to hear games while they are in the rest room;
- ∙Televisions have been installed outside of concession stands to allow fans to watch the game while they are ordering food and drinks;
- ∙Heaters will be located on the concourses (for cold weather games) to allow fans to go someplace to warm up before returning to their seats;
- ∙A new Brown and Gold Outlet store location has been developed on the east side of the stadium to make merchandise more accessible and help to decrease congestion near Gates 4 and 5;
- ∙UW Athletics has hired Party Pros Entertainment as an in-stadium DJ service to enhance the quality and selection of music at Cowboy Football games.
Important Reminders for Fans
- ∙If patrons have any concerns or questions on game days they may text message UWYO to 847411;
- ∙Tickets to the 2015 Wyoming Football season may be purchased online at: www.gowyo.com/tickets or by calling 1-877-WYO-FAN1 (1-877-996-3261);
- ∙Fans who purchase their tickets on Fridays prior to game days will automatically receive a $2.00 per ticket discount. This offer is not valid with other discounts;
- ∙Parking overnight: Fans who would like to park RVs or other vehicles overnight in their designated parking lots may do so starting at 5 p.m. on Fridays prior to games. For more details or to obtain RV parking passes, please contact the Cowboy Joe Club at (307)766-6242;
- ∙Tailgating reminder: All parking lots are open to tailgating activities such as grilling, music and non-alcoholic beverages. Open container privileges for alcoholic beverages are limited to the Ford Stadium Lot, X Lot, IPF Lot, Brown Lot, AA Lot, Summit View Lot and H Lot. In those lots, open containers are permitted beginning at 8 a.m. on game days for all games that kick off before 4 p.m. and at Noon for all games that begin at 4 p.m. or later;
- ∙Postgame tailgating: Fans are encouraged to enjoy socializing postgame in the parking lots, however, please remember that open container privileges cease at the end of the 3rd quarter.