Big Scene For Small Fire; Furnace Heater Burns, Leaving House Cold
Fire trucks, police cars and an ambulance converged at a house near South McKinley and Fifth streets early Sunday evening for a report of a fire.
The structure fire, reported by a tenant of house, was caused by a burned-out motor in the furnace, Casper Fire-EMS Capt. Matt Trott said.
There were no injuries or other damage to the house. A ventilating fan was installed in the front door to disperse carbon monoxide and any other fumes, Trott said
"This time of year, our main concern is getting the heat back on so we don't problems with frozen pipes," he said. "Plus, nobody wants to live in a house without heat; getting them comfortable again and getting the house warmed back up."