Weekend Structure Fire Proves Smoking And Oxygen Dont Mix
Oxygen tubing set fire by someones smoking material early Saturday resulted in a structure fire on Kingsboro Road in Casper.
Natrona County Fire Inspector Dave Baker says firefighters were called out at around 4:45 in morning and found smoke coming from the upper floor of the home. Baker, in a release says they were able to quickly contain it to the bedroom.
Occupants were evacuated with only one minor injury. Baker states that the upper floor of the home sustained smoke damage.
The homes smoke detector went off alerting the occupants allowing a safe exit.
Casper Fire-EMS and the Natrona County Fire District reminds everyone to check their smoke detectors every month to make sure they are working.
The City\County burn fund and Red Cross also responded to the scene to provide aid to the occupants.