Small Fire In Casper Hall of Justice
An electrical problem appears to have caused a ventilation unit to catch fire at Casper’s Hall of Justice Saturday. A police spokesperson said a power surge, or brief power outage sparked the small fire, and resulted in smoke in the south of the building.
Casper fire crews responded to the scene, and deemed the building safe, so no evacuations were needed. There were no injuries in Saturday’s incident. As a precaution, the agency’s Mobile Command Post will be stationed on David Street through the remainder of the weekend, in the event of any power interruptions to the building’s communication center.