Nowcap Added As Bountiful Baskets Distribution Site
NOWCAP Services in Casper will be added to a growing list of distribution sites for Bountiful Baskets Food Co-Op on June 16th. This is a weekly event which occurs throughout Wyoming and many other participating states. Via the Bountiful Baskets website, participants make a financial contribution on Monday to be picked up on the following Saturday. Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op is a 100% volunteer effort and participants are encouraged to arrive an hour before the scheduled pickup time to assist with the distribution of food.
The Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op is a grass-root, all volunteer, no contracts, no catch co-operative. Run solely by volunteers, participants’ contributions are pooled and high quality produce is purchased at wholesale prices. Items are then distributed evenly among site participants who have preordered their items. A typical $15 Bountiful Basket is filled with fresh fruits and vegetables that would cost approximately $50 at local grocery stores. To participate:
· Use the website www.bountifulbaskets.org to make a monetary contribution toward the pools used to purchase produce.
· Choose organic or conventional (non-organic) basket(s).
· Choose a site location for local pick up.
· Contribute the amount required for each item desired by the deadline(s) listed.
· Pick up produce at your chosen site location at specified day and time. Refer to website for pick up locations and times.
· VOLUNTEER! Without volunteers the co-op would not be possible.
NOWCAP Services creates opportunities for people with disabilities. By becoming a Bountiful Baskets Co-op distribution site we aim to provide an additional opportunity for our participants to engage in their community as well as provide the community an opportunity to learn more about our program and participants.