A Casper man is accused of attacking another man for the second time in as many months.

Twenty-seven year old Miguel Martinez is facing one county of aggravated assault and one count of domestic battery.

Casper police say not long before midnight on Wednesday, October 15th, officers were dispatched to a residence on North Durbin Street for a report of a stabbing.

When they arrived they found the victim bleeding profusely from the head and then later found Martinez, who had initially fled the area.

The victim told investigators that the two of them had been drinking champagne earlier, when Martinez became angry and attacked him.

When interviewed by police, Martinez said during the struggle, the victim was on top of him, when he picked up an unknown object and hit the victim in the head once, in self-defense.

Martinez then claimed the victim spread the blood from his injury over his body, in order to cast the blame on Martinez.

Later, investigators and jail staff said Martinez made threatening statements about retaliating against the victim with a vendetta.

At his initial hearing, prosecutors mentioned that Martinez was on probation for pleading guilty to another domestic battery charge against the same victim, in a case that happened last month.

Martinez is being held on $25,000 bond awaiting trial, and could face up to 10 years in prison, on the aggravated assault charge if convicted.