A Colorado businessman's plans for a water pipeline from Flaming Gorge to the Front Range were dismissed Thursday by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.

Officials with FERC called the application premature and lacking necessary information for a permitting process.

Governor Matt Mead applauded the decision.

“ I have said that FERC should not be the regulatory body looking at Mr. Million’s proposal and now, with this decision, it will not be. I appreciate how quickly FERC acted and I appreciate their decision.”

However, a report earlier this week by the Pueblo, Colorado, Chieftain says Aaron Million, the business man behind the project, is soliciting for bids to build the estimated $3 billion pipeline and has plans to resubmit his application.