NATRONA COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT OFFICIALS RECEIVED A REPORT THAT TWO HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS WERE OFFERED A RIDE BY TWO ADULT MALES IN CENTRAL CASPER ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

THE SCHOOL DISTRICT SAID THE STUDENTS DID NOT KNOW THE OCCUPANTS IN THE BLACK PICKUP THAT APPROACHED THEM NEAR 11TH AND SPRUCE STREETS.

THE STUDENTS REPORTED THE SITUATION TO AN ADULT. THE NEWS RELEASE DID NOT MENTION WHAT SCHOOL THE STUDENTS ATTENDED, BUT THE AREA IS NEAR NATRONA COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL.

SCHOOL DISTRICT OFFICIALS CONTACTED LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT.

NO OTHER DETAILS ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.

SCHOOL OFFICIALS WANT TO REMIND PARENTS AND GUARDIANS TO TALK TO THEIR STUDENTS ABOUT NOT ACCEPTING RIDES FROM UNKNOWN INDIVIDUALS AND NOT APPROACHING UNKNOWN VEHICLES AND PERSONS.

THEY ALSO SAID STUDENTS SHOULD REPORT ANYTHING SUSPICIOUS TO THEIR BUS DRIVER, SCHOOL PERSONNEL, PARENTS, GUARDIANS OR LAW ENFORCEMENT.
====================================

A MAN WHO POLICE SAY IS A PERSON OF INTEREST IN THE ALLEGED KIDNAPPING OF A 95-YEAR-OLD WOMAN ON TUESDAY WAS ARRESTED LATE WEDNESDAY ON UNRELATED CHARGES.

22-YEAR-OLD ADAM RAY MCCLURE WAS BOOKED INTO JAIL ON RECOMMENDED CHARGES OF CONSPIRACY AND FELONIOUS RESTRAINT.

MCCLURE WAS IDENTIFIED ON WEDNESDAY AS A PERSON OF INTEREST IN AN ALLEGED KIDNAPPING WHICH TOOK PLACE TUESDAY. POLICE SAID ON THURSDAY THAT MCCLURE HAS NOT BEEN CONSIDERED A SUSPECT IN THAT INCIDENT AT ANY POINT, BUT HE REMAINS A PERSON OF INTEREST -- ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE.

ACCORDING TO COURT DOCUMENTS, MCCLURE AND TWO OTHER MEN ALLEGEDLY ASSAULTED A FOURTH MAN IN LATE 2017 OVER WHAT WAS THOUGHT TO BE A DRUG DEAL GONE BAD.

IN CONNECTION WITH THAT INCIDENT, MCCLURE WAS INTERVIEWED BY POLICE ON THE AFTERNOON OF MARCH 6. HE CHANGED HIS STORY AT MULTIPLE POINTS IN THE INTERVIEW, ACCORDING TO COURT DOCUMENTS, BUT ULTIMATELY GAVE A VERSION OF EVENTS SIMILAR TO THE VICTIM'S STORY.

MCCLURE WAS RELEASED FOLLOWING THAT INTERVIEW, BUT WAS ARRESTED FOR HIS ROLE IN THAT INCIDENT LATE WEDNESDAY -- AFTER HE WAS IDENTIFIED AS A PERSON OF INTEREST IN THE ALLEGED ASSAULT AND KIDNAPPING OF A 95-YEAR-OLD CASPER WOMAN AND WAS INTERVIEWED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEEK'S INCIDENT.

MCCLURE IS NOT CHARGED IN CONNECTION WITH TUESDAY'S INCIDENT. HIS ARREST LATE WEDNESDAY STEMS ONLY FROM THE ALLEGED INCIDENT ON DEC. 25.

===========================

AFTER A 95-YEAR-OLD WOMAN WAS ALLEGEDLY ASSAULTED, KIDNAPPED, BOUND WITH DUCT TAPE AND PUT INTO THE TRUNK OF HER OWN CAR ON TUESDAY, CASPER POLICE HAVE OUTLINED WHAT LED TO HER REMAINING IN THE TRUNK FOR HOURS AFTER OFFICERS TOOK POSSESSION OF THE VEHICLE FOLLOWING A POLICE CHASE ON TUESDAY.

DETECTIVE JOHN HATCHER SAID THURSDAY AFTERNOON THAT THE DEPARTMENT WILL LOOK AT HOW SUCH SITUATIONS CAN BE AVOIDED IN THE FUTURE.

KYLE MCCABE MARTIN, 20, WAS ARRESTED TUESDAY ON SIX FELONY CHARGES AND HAD HIS BOND SET AT $500,000 WEDNESDAY.

CHARGING PAPERS SAY HE WAS SUSPECTED OF BURGLARIES AND VEHICLE THEFTS, AND WAS TRYING TO EVADE AUTHORITIES ON TUESDAY WHEN HE BROKE INTO THE 95-YEAR-OLD VICTIM'S HOUSE, ASSAULTED HER AND PUT HER IN THE TRUNK OF HER OWN CAR BEFORE LEADING POLICE ON A CHASE INTO EVANSVILLE.

AFTER THE CHASE CONCLUDED ON TUESDAY, OFFICERS SEALED THE VEHICLE, PER STANDARD PRACTICE. IN SUCH CASES, HATCHER SAID, OFFICERS WAIT FOR A SEARCH WARRANT BEFORE SEARCHING THE VEHICLE TO DETERMINE IF IT WAS PART OF A CRIME.

POLICE WERE UNAWARE THAT THE VICTIM HAD BEEN KIDNAPPED, AND HER CAR HAD NOT BEEN REPORTED STOLEN.

WHEN THE VEHICLE WAS SEALED ON TUESDAY, THE VICTIM WAS STILL IN THE TRUNK. SEVERAL HOURS PASSED BEFORE A RELATIVE OF MARTIN'S CALLED POLICE AND TOLD THEM IT WAS "EXTREMELY URGENT" THAT THEY SEARCH THE TRUNK.

HATCHER SAID THAT WHILE VEHICLES ARE EXEMPT FROM RESTRICTIONS ON POLICE SEARCHES AND SEIZURES, OFFICERS USUALLY WAIT FOR A WARRANT BEFORE SEARCHING VEHICLES IN SUCH CASES IN ORDER TO ENSURE EVIDENCE ISN'T EXCLUDED AT TRIAL.

THAT PRACTICE, HATCHER SAID, WILL BE EXAMINED TO ENSURE SOMETHING LIKE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN.
=================================
CASPER, WYO. (AP) - ECONOMISTS SAY WYOMING EXPERIENCED ITS LARGEST POPULATION DROP SINCE 1989 DURING THE SECOND HALF OF THE RECENT FOSSIL FUEL DOWNTURN.

U.S. CENSUS BUREAU FIGURES RELEASED THURSDAY SAY THAT BY MID-2017, ABOUT 8,300 MORE PEOPLE HAD MOVED OUT OF WYOMING THAN MOVED IN COMPARED TO THE PREVIOUS FISCAL YEAR.

COUNTIES IN AND AROUND THE POWDER RIVER BASIN LOST THE LARGEST NUMBER OF PEOPLE. THE AREA IS RICH IN MINERAL DEVELOPMENT FROM COAL TO URANIUM.

ABOUT 2,500 PEOPLE MOVED OUT OF CAMPBELL COUNTY, THE CENTER OF WYOMING'S POWDER RIVER BASIN COAL INDUSTRY, OR 5.2 PERCENT OF THE COUNTY'S POPULATION. CAMPBELL IS ALSO AN IMPORTANT REGION FOR OIL AND GAS DEVELOPMENT.

WYOMING DID, HOWEVER, GAIN SOME WORKERS OUTSIDE OF ENERGY HUBS. SOME COUNTY POPULATIONS INCREASED IN TOURIST REGIONS.