ALL SIX OF THE WOMEN ALLEGEDLY SEXUALLY ASSAULTED BY A FORMER CASPER DOCTOR NOW HAVE TOLD THEIR STORIES IN NATRONA COUNTY DISTRICT COURT DURING A WEEK-LONG TRIAL.

PAUL HARNETTY, AN OBSTETRICIAN/GYNECOLOGIST, IS CHARGED WITH EIGHT COUNTS OF SECOND-DEGREE SEXUAL ASSAULT AND TWO COUNTS OF THIRD-DEGREE SEXUAL ASSAULT.

IF CONVICTED ON ALL COUNTS HE COULD FACE BETWEEN 16 AND 190 YEARS OF IMPRISONMENT.
WEDNESDAY, THE FOURTH ALLEGED VICTIM SAID HARNETTY HAD BEEN HER OB/GYN FOR HER FIRST PREGNANCY AND SHE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH HIM.

IN APRIL 2015, SHE WAS PREGNANT AND HIS EXAMS OF HER AT THE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS OF CENTRAL WYOMING BECAME INCREASING UNCOMFORTABLE, AND HE CONVINCED HER THAT HER PREGNANCY WAS RISKY, WHICH RESULTED IN DOZENS OF VISTS TO HIM FOR ANXIETY AND OTHER ISSUES.

AFTER SHE FILED A COMPLAINT ABOUT HIM EIGHT WEEKS BEFORE SHE WAS DUE, HE TOLD HER HE WOULD NO LONGER SEE HER.

SHE FOUND ANOTHER DOCTOR WHO SAID HER PREGNANCY WAS FINE AND SHE REALIZED HE WAS MANIPULATING HER SO HE COULD SEE HER.

THE FIFTH ALLEGED VICTIM SAID HARNETTY TRIED TO SEXUALLY AROUSE HER DURING A LONGER-THAN-USUAL PELVIC EXAM AND DURING A SUBSEQUENT ULTRASOUND EXAM PULLED DOWN HER PANTS AND CAUSED HER SEVERE PAIN.

THE SIXTH WOMAN ALSO SAID HARNETTY TRIED TO SEXUALLY AROUSE HER.

THEY ADDED THEY FILED COMPLAINTS WITH THE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER, BUT IT DID NOT RESPOND TO THEM.

THE TRIAL RESUMES AT 9 A.M. TODAY.
===================================
REPORTS INDICATE THERE WAS WHAT IS BEING DESCRIBED AS A MINOR INCIDENT AT DEAN MORGAN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL A LITTLE OVER A WEEK AGO.

SGT. SCOTT JONES, THE CASPER POLICE DEPARTMENT’S SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER SAYS IT WAS TO ALL APPEARANCES A VERY MINOR INCIDENT INVOLVING A TEACHER AND A STUDENT.

JONES SAID NO ONE WAS INJURED, THERE WAS NO INTENT TO INJURE, AND THERE IS NO DANGER TO ANYONE.

GIVEN THE RECENT EVENTS AT KELLY WALSH HIGH SCHOOL INVOLVING A WATER BOARDING INCIDENT WITH THE WRESTLING TEAM, THE COMMUNITY IS VERY SENSITIVE TO ANY VIOLATIONS INVOLVING TEACHERS OR STUDENTS.

BUT JONES SAYS, THERE IS A SIMPLE, BLACK AND WHITE INTERPRETATION OF THE LAW AND THE SPIRIT OF THE LAW, OR TO PUT IT SIMPLY, JUSTICE.

HE ADDED THE PUBLIC IS UNDERSTANDABLY ON EDGE RIGHT NOW BUT THE COMMUNITY NEEDS TO TAKE A BREATH AND KNOW THE POLICE DEPARTMENT WILL DO ITS JOB TO FULLY INVESTIGATE THE INCIDENT.

JONES SAID THE DEPARTMENT DEVOTES LOTS OF RESOURCES TO THESE INVESTIGATIONS, AND ANYTHING THEY FIND WILL BE TURNED OVER TO THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, AND THE DECISION ON ANY FURTHER ACTION IS MADE THERE.
==========================

THE NATRONA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE HAS ARRESTED A MAN FOR ALLEGEDLY FORGING 35 CHECKS ON AN ELDERLY WOMAN'S ACCOUNT AND SIPHONING OVER $15,000 FROM HER OVER THE COURSE OF A YEAR IN ORDER TO CONCEAL HIS GAMBLING DEBTS FROM HIS WIFE.

45-YEAR-OLD ROY DAVIS WAS BOOKED INTO JAIL ON RECOMMENDED CHARGES OF ABUSE OF A VULNERABLE ADULT AS WELL AS 35 COUNTS OF FORGERY.

DURING DAVIS'S INITIAL APPEARANCE IN NATRONA COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT ON WEDNESDAY, HE WAS CHARGED WITH TWO FELONY COUNTS, THOUGH AUTHORITIES SAY THE CASE IS STILL BEING INVESTIGATED AND THE OTHER COUNTS WILL LIKELY BE FORMALLY CHARGED AGAINST DAVIS AT A LATER DATE.

BOND WAS SET AT $75,000 CASH OR SURETY. DAVIS WAS IN CUSTODY AT THE TIME OF HIS COURT HEARING.

ACCORDING TO THE AFFIDAVIT FILED IN THE CASE, THE MATTER WAS ASSIGNED TO AN INVESTIGATOR ON JAN. 16. THE REPORTING PARTY -- A SON OF THE ALLEGED VICTIM -- SAID HE HAD RECENTLY TAKEN OVER POWER OF ATTORNEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR HIS ELDERLY MOTHER.

WHILE REVIEWING HER CHECKBOOKS AND ACCOUNT BALANCES, THE SON CAME ACROSS 35 CHECKS THAT HAD APPARENTLY BEEN SIGNED BY SOMEONE BESIDES HIS MOTHER. THE CHECKS HAD BEEN ENDORSED TO DAVIS OR HIS WIFE, CYNTHIA, WHO IS THE VICTIM'S YOUNGEST DAUGHTER.

THE 35 CHECKS, THE VICTIM'S SON TOLD AUTHORITIES, TOTALED ROUGHLY $19,900.

DAVIS REPORTEDLY SAID THAT ROUGHLY ONE YEAR PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW, HE HAD LIED TO HIS WIFE AND LOST ROUGHLY $9,000 DUE TO GAMBLING.

=================================

HIGH WINDS CONTINUE TO INHIBIT CITY OF CASPER SNOW PLOW CREWS AND THEIR EFFORTS TO CLEAR CITY STREETS FOLLOWING THE WEEKEND'S WINTER STORM.

IN A NEWS RELEASE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON, THE CITY SAYS PLOW CREWS ARE FOCUSED ON KEEPING ARTERIAL AND COLLECTOR STREETS OPEN. STRONG WINDS HAVE CAUSED DRIFTING ON STREETS AC ROSS THE CITY, AND HAVE MADE SALTING LESS EFFECTIVE.

CONDITIONS ARE PARTICULARLY DIFFICULT IN THE AREAS OF WYOMING BOULEVARD, PARADISE DRIVE, CENTENNIAL HILLS, 25TH AND POPLAR, OAKREST, AND THE SUNRISE AREA, OFFICIALS SAY.

STREETS MANAGER SHAD RODGERS SAYS PLOW CREWS WILL BE ABLE TO ADDRESS RESIDENTIAL STREET ISSUES AFTER ARTERIAL AND COLLECTOR TRAVEL HAS BEEN ASSURED. HE SAYS PLOW CREWS ARE WORKING WITH THE POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENTS TO ADDRESS EMERGENCIES.

AS ALWAYS, EMERGENCY CALLS SHOULD BE PLACED TO 911.

RESIDENTS CAN CALL THE CITY AND ASK TO HAVE THEIR STREET PUT ON A PLOW LIST. THOSE REQUESTS WILL BE ADDRESSED AS PLOWS ARE AVAILABLE.

THE CITY SAYS PLOW CREWS ARE CURRENTLY WORKING FROM 4 A.M. TO 8 P.M. DAILY, AND ARE ON CALL DURING OFF HOURS AS DETERMINED BY POLICE AND FIRE CREWS.