THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF CHEYENNE, WHICH INCLUDES THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA OF WYOMING, ANNOUNCED WEDNESDAY THERE WAS CREDIBLE AND SUBSTANTIATED EVIDENCE THAT A THIRD CHILD WAS ABUSED BY RETIRED BISHOP JOSEPH HART.

THIS NEW CASE CAME AS A RESULT OF THE DIOCESE'S ANNOUNCEMENT ON JULY 2 THAT IT HAD CONDUCTED AN INVESTIGATION AND CONCLUDED HART HAD ABUSED TWO WYOMING BOYS.

AFTER THIS ANNOUNCEMENT, THE THIRD PERSON CAME FORWARD ABOUT AN ALLEGATION OF ABUSE IN 1980.

THE DIOCESE DID NOT DISCLOSE THE SEX OR THE AGE OF THE VICTIM.

THE DIOCESE REPORTED THE ALLEGATION TO THE CHEYENNE POLICE DEPARTMENT AND IT IS COOPERATING WITH THE INVESTIGATION.

CATHOLIC CHURCH LAW REQUIRES THE DIOCESE TO CONDUCT A CANONICAL INVESTIGATION INCLUDING NOTIFYING HART AND ASKING HIM FOR AN INTERVIEW TO RESPOND TO THE ACCUSATION, BUT HE DECLINED.
THE RESULTS OF THE INVESTIGATION WERE GIVEN TO A REVIEW BOARD OF THE DIOCESE THAT FOUND THE ALLEGATION CREDIBLE AND SUBSTANTIATED, AND THE FINDINGS WERE FORWARDED TO THE VATICAN.

HART'S ATTORNEY TOM JUBIN OF CHEYENNE RESPONDED THAT HART CONTINUES TO DENY ANY SEXUAL IMPROPRIETY, AND THAT THE DIOCESE IS NOT AN INVESTIGATIVE AGENCY, NOR IS IT QUALIFIED TO SERVE AS ONE.

BISHOP STEVEN BIEGLER REOPENED THE INVESTIGATION INTO HART IN DECEMBER 2017 AFTER DETERMINING THAT A 2002 INVESTIGATION INTO A CASE OF ALLEGED ABUSE WAS FLAWED.

LAST WEEK, THE CHEYENNE POLICE DEPARTMENT ALSO ANNOUNCED IT HAD REOPENED ITS INVESTIGATION INTO HART.
======================

THE CONVERSE COUNTY ATTORNEY HAS CHARGED A MAN WITH FIRST-DEGREE MURDER AND AGGRAVATED ROBBERY AFTER FINDING A DEAD WOMAN IN THE COUNTY.

CONVERSE COUNTY SHERIFF CLINT BECKER SAID WEDNESDAY A DEPUTY AND A GLENROCK POLICE OFFICER RESPONDED TO 67 MILLER ROAD NEAR GLENROCK TWO DAYS AGO.

BECKER SAID THERE IS NO DANGER TO THE PUBLIC, NOR IS THERE A PUBLIC SAFETY ISSUE.

BECKER DECLINED TO COMMENT ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TRUJILLO AND BEAN, OR OTHER ASPECTS OF THE INVESTIGATION.

========================================

A WYOMING HIGHWAY PATROL TRAFFIC STOP TUESDAY RESULTED IN THE SEIZURE OF AN ESTIMATED $7.3 MILLION WORTH OF MARIJUANA.

SGT. KYLE MCKAY SAYS THE STOP OCCURRED ON INTERSTATE 80 IN CHEYENNE AROUND 11:30 A.M.

"ONE OF OUR WYOMING STATE TROOPERS STOPPED A 2017 DODGE RAM PICKUP PULLING A FLATBED TRAILER TO CONDUCT A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE INSPECTION. WHILE HE WAS CONDUCTING THE INSPECTION, ANOTHER TROOPER RAN HIS DRUG DETECTION K-9 AND THE DOG ALERTED TO THE ODOR OF NARCOTICS WITHIN THE LOAD ON THE TRAILER."

MCKAY SAYS TROOPERS SEARCHED THE PICKUP AND TRAILER AND DISCOVERED 1,849 POUNDS OF MARIJUANA WITHIN THE LOAD.

"THIS IS A PRETTY SIGNIFICANT BUST IN WYOMING'S HISTORY. IT'S NOT THE LARGEST BUST, BUT IT MAY BE ONE OF THE LARGEST MARIJUANA BUSTS THAT WE'VE HAD."

THE CASE IS CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION.
=========================

RENO, NEV. (AP) - A U.S. JUDGE WHO RULED EARLIER FEDERAL WILDLIFE OFFICIALS ILLEGALLY DENIED ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT PROTECTION FOR A POPULATION OF BI-STATE SAGE GROUSE IN CALIFORNIA AND NEVADA IN 2015 HAS REINSTATED THE PROPOSED LISTING OF THE BIRD AS THREATENED UNTIL A NEW REVIEW DETERMINES IF IT'S ON THE BRINK OF EXTINCTION....

===========================
JACKSON HOLE, WYO. (AP) - FEDERAL OFFICIALS HAVE APPROVED A NATURAL GAS FIELD IN WYOMING, AND PROTESTERS SAY THE DECISION WILL THREATEN ROAMING PRONGHORN.

THE BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT ISSUED A RECORD OF DECISION TUESDAY FOR THE 3,500-WELL FIELD ON MORE THAN 200 SQUARE MILES (518 SQUARE KILOMETERS) OF MOSTLY FEDERAL LAND IN SUBLETTE COUNTY.

THE BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT STATEMENT SAYS THE FIELD COULD PRODUCE 7 TRILLION CUBIC FEET (0.2 TRILLION CUBIC METERS) OF NATURAL GAS AND UP TO 140 MILLION BARRELS OF OIL OVER ITS EXPECTED 40-YEAR LIFESPAN, GENERATING $18 BILLION IN REVENUE.

WESTERN WATERSHEDS PROJECT STAFFER KELLY FULLER SAYS HER GROUP WILL FIGHT THE DECISION, AS IT "MOVES GREATER SAGE-GROUSE CLOSER TO EXTINCTION AND THREATENS PRONGHORN."