Contact Us

Insurance Agents Prep For Catastrophic Claims

Karen Snyder, K2 Radio

The Bon Agency in Casper has  already called in catastrophic claims specialist to help work with home and cabin owners who’ve lost property on the mountain.

“If you have a total loss you definitely want a specialized crew in to handle the situation, because your talking about a more comprehensive loss involving a lot of contents, the structure itself.”

Bon Agency President and Owner, Des Bennion says they’ve been in contact with clients who are waiting on pins and needles to get back on the mountain and check if their properties are OK.

He says defensible space, and the property mitigation that goes with it, is something they assess before underwriting a property.

“Ya know, we go up and take a picture of it. We’ll talk with the cabin owner, cause a lot of these cabins still have a wooden roof on them or just have so much fuel around them. They do want to have a defensible space around them.”

Bennion says having photos of the contents is one thing that property owners need in order to claim those losses.

So, for the majority of property owners, who haven’t lost a home or cabin, if you haven’t already created a photo or DVD inventory,  it’s something to think about for the future.

Recommended For You

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for K2 Fan Club quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive K2 Fan Club contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.