Fire Burns House On 6th Street
Casper Fire EMS crews say a burning cigarette is what led to the destruction of a house on Casper's east side.
A fire spokesperson says at around 11:00 p.m. Sunday, September 30th, crews were called to the 2800 block of East 6th Street.
There were three people were inside the home, who were alerted of the fire when their power went out and the fire alarm went off.
The origin of the fire was just outside the backdoor, where a cigarette extinguished in a planter is believed to have sparked the blaze.
The fire destroyed the entire home, and the heat caused damage to a neighboring house.